Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recomendations please

Posted by Gravelrash 
Recomendations please
December 14, 2017 07:12AM
as it says on the tin

which intel based chromebook should i look to purchase for linux installation.
Re: Recomendations please
December 14, 2017 08:20AM
Gravelrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as it says on the tin
>
> which intel based chromebook should i look to
> purchase for linux installation.

I've used Toshiba Chromebook 2 and it has been great for about a year. The Dell Chromebook 11 was a disappointment because of the battery is a crappy one (died prematurely).

Toshiba Chromebook 2, 2015 edition

I am on travel so not entirely sure if this is the right model on Amazon but it looks like the one I have.

Toshiba CB35-B3340 13.3 Inch Chromebook (Intel Celeron, 4GB, 16GB SSD, Silver) Full HD-Screen

My next Chromebook on my buy list is the Acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431. But I have not acquired it yet.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2017 08:29AM by bodhi.
December 14, 2017 10:25AM
Hi Bodhi,

Does your chromebook come with any open-source office packages, i.e. Libre Office, etc., installed?
December 14, 2017 10:49AM
habibie Wrote:
> Hi Bodhi,
>
> Does your chromebook come with any open-source
> office packages, i.e. Libre Office, etc.,
> installed?

No. Chromebooks come with Chrome OS. But you can install Linux distro such as Linux Mint (or Ubuntu etc.) on a Chromebook and make it a full Linux laptop. And that means all opensource packages will be available.

IMO, Chromebook is the best cost-to-performance laptop one can have. It just takes some know-how to set it up.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
December 14, 2017 11:02AM
Gravelrash Wrote:
> as it says on the tin
>
> which intel based chromebook should i look to
> purchase for linux installation.

While the one's I bought came with windows 10 and larger storage the chrome version has the same hardware. I have been impressed with it and am running stretch on it without issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-11-6-inch-Performance-Dual-Core-Processor/dp/B01K9HS4Q0
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.