Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PayPal says no more cash card

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
PayPal says no more cash card
January 07, 2018 11:44PM
The short of it is they want you to use an app on your smart phone when uploading cash (I don't like it), and either refill at stores through major credit card companies (don't like it) or link to bank account (hello NewEgg again! I might like it a little).

I wondered why over three days my cash card wouldn't load at Family Dollar, a Wal Mart and two gas stations and none of the employees knew either. We imagined the terrible weather out East must have knocked-out service, and the PayPal Down maps seemed to verify.

As a non-rich guy I'm aghast that a tool for poor people is being replaced by the one thing poor person never needs, and that's 20%-ish interest rate range.

Booo... on the other hand, NewEgg at the end of January is or can be, a beautiful thing. I'm glad I had this conversation LOL

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: PayPal says no more cash card
January 08, 2018 12:06AM
Played it a few years ago. Finally, my PayPal account was closed.
January 08, 2018 07:07AM
I don't like it neither. But, I used a credit card to pay PayPal and I believe that is not affected. But, can we just blame it on Trump?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 07:10AM by habibie.
January 08, 2018 09:57AM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't like it neither. But, I used a credit card
> to pay PayPal and I believe that is not affected.
> But, can we just blame it on Trump?

It's the kind of situation that seems normal when Trump's political party is in office. The Corporate machine crushes the individual.

This puts me in a hell of a bind - I need audio software from a company in Serbia (MeldaProduction). It's insanely good software and they agreed to extend their Christmas price, which is a reasonable $31. I get $35 together and no store around here can load it. I call PayPal yesterday and the guy and then his manager say loading cash this way has been discontinued. But it worked last week of December.

So they say to get the MasterCard debit, which, even if I wanted to be a part of a credit card company, which I don't, never have, it would take two weeks to be "approved" anyway. I could link a bank account but banks HATE doing that. Mine gave me so much grief four years ago I kept the Paypal and quit the Credit Union LOL

If anyone has bright ideas do tell. What a surprise :-(

Was PayPal and now it's BetrayPal :-(

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 11:35AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
January 08, 2018 11:49AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> This puts me in a hell of a bind - I need audio software from a company in Serbia (MeldaProduction)
>
Joey,

I don't know much about the MeldaProduction software. However, if you wanna save $$$, I believe you can find a comparable if not better, free Linux audi software to play with. Both Audacity and Audacious are not bad at all, but I really don't know if any will meet your requirements. If you prefer a CLI version, Sound eXchange (SoX) is pretty good.
January 08, 2018 01:18PM
habibie Wrote:
> I don't know much about the MeldaProduction
> software. However, if you wanna save $$$, I
> believe you can find a comparable if not better,
> free
> Linux
> audi software
to play with. Both
> Audacity
> and
> Audacious
> are not bad at all, but I really don't know if any
> will meet your requirements. If you prefer a CLI
> version,
> Sound
> eXchange
(SoX) is pretty good.

The main problem is my sound interface doesn't have Linux drivers because they take liberties with the firewire protocol. It's an RME Fireface 800.
But you're right about Audacity, this is one app I've been getting to know lately even if it's the Windows version. I've tried everything: Wavelab and Magix Samplitude, Sound Forge, on and on, and for 2-track audio mastering apps Audacity does everything I need it to. Highly recommended.

For what it's worth, and it pains me to bring up Win/OSX plugins, but remember many Linuxes let you use Windows VST plugins, the DLLs - here is the link and the collection up front is actually free! MeldaProduction.

They're mind-blowingly good, but below that do you see the place they want around $62 US to unlock features every pro needs? I NEEDS too LOL And the sales guy gave me a checkout coupon for 1/2 off because I asked at the right time.

Wow I just can't believe it. I have the money right here ($36). It's just no longer easy to load up cash without having The Beast and False Prophet offering to load it if I have their credit card (I'm just saying it feels evil). The Linux ideas are great Habibie. These plugins can run inside Linux audio apps that have the adapter.

All I'm really asking is wish me luck, because I believe wishes come true. And so does the Disney credit card mWahaahaaa j/k

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 08, 2018 02:33PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> The main problem is my sound interface doesn't have Linux drivers because they take liberties with the firewire protocol. It's an RME Fireface 800.
>
Joe,

Unfortunately, that I can't help. :( But, these days, you can find really inexpensive (may be less than what you will pay for the software) sound cards supported by Linux.
January 08, 2018 03:38PM
habibie Wrote:
> Unfortunately, that I can't help. :( But, these
> days, you can find really inexpensive (may be less
> than what you will pay for the software) sound
> cards supported by Linux.

Yeah you're right, and even my Fireface takes in SPDIF, meaning I can mix in Linux still, but adding your own audio takes really good preamps, can't overemphasize that enough. Remember that bike with engine the neighbor left me when he moved? That will go towards a $200-300 dollar audio interface that will handle Linux and good preamps. I'll be buying it with a money order to Sweetwater.

The good news is that 99% of what I wanted from the web is bought. You saw the free version of Melda plugins - while annoying, that could get me through, but the price will go up and the features are an essential part of what makes those great plugins.

Betrayal Pal has me fit to be tied: the embarrassment, the hassle, everything with no warning :-(

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 08, 2018 09:37PM
Joey,

I hope everything will work out right for you.
January 09, 2018 07:59AM
Joe, I just sent you a PM.
January 09, 2018 10:19AM
habibie Wrote:
> Joe, I just sent you a PM.

The Linux box you bought at the same price is interesting on many levels, and I'd like to encourage you to make a dedicated topic.

Suffice to say, for others who depend on loading a cash card and it's not loading anymore, yes, in my case I sold an item and I bought what I wanted to.That means I was able to get the set of plugins upgraded that I was hoping for. Super happy!

Maybe someone is wondering why I brought it up here, and my reasons are, PayPal is more often than not the currency of the internet, and the projects here are that much more fun because they're not expensive. This attracted me here because I was only loading $20s and $30s on the PayPal, because heart disease limits my employment prospects.
I plan on working to see which VST plugins work in the little Linux boxes, because you'll be happier and see everything happens for a reason, like my being here is to share my expertise with you all like you have with me. I'm 90% there but have to do a little more fiddling, but back in a bit!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2018 03:57AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
January 16, 2018 07:48PM
I would rather use my credit card than use PayPal.

A web developer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
January 17, 2018 09:15PM
maggies Wrote:
> I would rather use my credit card than use PayPal.

Maggies, welcome here if this is your first post. Big 'ole fun going on.

I'll totally spill the beans. In 2004 I was a University Senior with something to do with Computer Science. I wanted the Help Desk degree because then as now I'm no good at coding, but built and volunteered a LOT for a group called AITP (Association of Information Technology Professionals). This involved and otherwise led to volunteering for low-income people, day care computers, police computers, various stuff. I also had an Audio website that was visited daily by people in every computer IT company on earth like Microsoft, IBM, Universal Studios, so my expertise in making a computer a bit hardened was right from the horse's mouth, and I loved giving to the poor. No, I preferred the poor. I wanted them on a better playing field than snobs LOL

I had basically two semesters to go and had to take a very basic coding (.NET and my end was BASIC input that could compile to whatever). First day of class the professor (who is a bit creepy) asks the class if anyone wanted to go out to eat. My gut feeling said "DON'T DO IT!" And no one said anything. Then he said "It's Chinese" and I realized I had $4,000 in my wallet from student overage, and thought what have I got to lose. I meet him and his wife, and his wife (off the charts creepy) asks if she could say a prayer before the meal. "Of course" I said, as it takes all kinds and melting pot and all that.

Henceforth, and it came to pass LOL I became the target for being invited to a church that's not really any good, let's put it that way. And over the rest of the semester I kept getting invited and was given assignments I couldn't handle. In the end I failed that semester, and he was the only professor teaching it next semester.

So I bone up this time. I schedule time with a tutor, I swear to myself I can do this. Semester starts: more church invites, more polite no-thank-you's from me.
He goes hardcore, tells me to stay with my old .NET books while the rest of the class upgrades. A while into it, HE tells me my tutor is no longer available. Huh? I try another and he cuts that off too. I start receiving emails from him saying "Satan is attacking you" and again he pulled the plug and I failed. I exported the emails off the rented University Thinkpads at the time, and have them somewhere. I took mint care of the laptop, and Uni sent me a bill for $500.00 saying laptop not taken care of. Fortunately I knew the kids in the computer micro-repair and called them. They told me it's mint. But those kinds of interruptions happened and I felt like a reasonable cult was messing with me. I don't know what I had they wanted, to this day I still don't.
In the end it ruined an entire person's education at least concerned with professional life. I'll owe a lot of money and that may cost my life if my heart thing finds out. I had heart failure partially over the stress of this.

Last year I found that professor's University website. At the top of the page it said "there's only one person who couldn't handle my class material". I took a screenshot. I then emailed him and told him what a POS he is and I directly blame him for health problems and asked if I'm that one person who couldn't handle the class? His reply to me was "I don't know what you're talking about". I checked that website and the words were gone. I sent him the screenshot I'd taken and said "hey Buddy, I still have the emails from before as well, and I'm writing a book about Cult religion in the Universities. No reply and I bet the old dog didn't need laxatives that day. Guess what his name is? Culp!

Life isn't fair. I got very publicly screwed-over and myself and close ones have paid a hell of a price - but I want to be a good oyster and make my pearl to leave behind when my time is up you know. But if you need to know why no credit cards, I don't want to complicate Student Loans anymore, and my only advice to young people, if you need student loans, make sure they're subsidized like mine are.

Furthermore next week I have to go in and get my heart shocked because it's too A-Fib and I don't want a stroke.
So if you're life is simpler, then enjoy. I think my sole purpose in living is to vote Democrat in 2020 :-)

And writing this out here is good too because I'll write a small book and make sure friends have it. It's just the basics what happened to me in life, how to avoid the bad stuff maybe, with actual proofs tucked in like some emails, so my local University has to live with that too. They could have helped out. I haven't forgiven them.

So good credit is useless to me anyway. I'd just prefer a card you load up! All this tech 2018 and a store and a global debit business can't get $20 on a PayPal account for $3.95 cash?

But, we'll get on the DreamPlug (GRAVELRASH! :-) when my shock heart thing is done, before end of the month. Favors others have done for me, thank you. This is whom you helped.

Again Maggies, welcome here!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 10:22PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.