Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

$15 Cordless Drill @Walmart

Posted by habibie 
$15 Cordless Drill @Walmart
January 13, 2018 04:40PM
Thought to share with you all who may need it.

Just placed an order of 4x BLACK+DECKER 20-Volt MAX* Lithium Ion Cordless Drill $15 each and will pick up at my local Walmart store.
Re: $15 Cordless Drill @Walmart
January 13, 2018 09:01PM
Just came back from picking up the 4x cordless drill. Each package includes the cordless drill, a 20 Volt 1.5 A Li-ION Battery, and the charger. I believe the battery itself already worth $10+. With 20V/1.5A (~30 Watts), I am wondering if there is a simple and inexpensive way to mod the battery as a DC UPS for my Pogoplug Pro (or an Rpi 3, etc). Anyone?

PS: Perhaps, this DC-DC Step Down Adjustable Constant Voltage Current Power Supply Module US $3.75 from eBay will do to mod the battery + its charger into a DC UPS to provide a 12 VDC source for use with a Pogoplug Pro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 09:50PM by habibie.
January 15, 2018 03:09PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just came back from picking up the 4x cordless
> drill. Each package includes the cordless drill, a
> 20 Volt 1.5 A Li-ION Battery, and the charger. I
> believe the battery itself already worth $10+.
> With 20V/1.5A (~30 Watts), I am wondering if there
> is a simple and inexpensive way to mod the battery
> as a DC UPS for my Pogoplug Pro (or an Rpi 3,
> etc). Anyone?
>
> PS: Perhaps, this
> DC-DC
> Step Down Adjustable Constant Voltage Current
> Power Supply Module
US $3.75 from eBay will
> do to mod the battery + its charger into a DC UPS
> to provide a 12 VDC source for use with a Pogoplug
> Pro.

Maybe epoxy them together and have a hybrid Pogoplug drill press with UPS?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 16, 2018 07:15AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> habibie Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Just came back from picking up the 4x cordless drill. Each package includes the cordless drill, a 20 Volt 1.5 A Li-ION Battery, and the charger. I believe the battery itself already worth $10+. With 20V/1.5A (~30 Watts), I am wondering if there is a simple and inexpensive way to mod the battery as a DC UPS for my Pogoplug Pro (or an Rpi 3, etc). Anyone?
> >
> > PS: Perhaps, this
> >
> DC-DC Step Down Adjustable Constant Voltage Current Power Supply Module US $3.75 from eBay will do to mod the battery + its charger into a DC UPS to provide a 12 VDC source for use with a Pogoplug Pro.
>
> Maybe epoxy them together and have a hybrid Pogoplug drill press with UPS?
>

Joey,

If you meant to glue the DC/DC board to the charger, I guess that will be alright. As of now, I haven't had any plan to work on this little project, yet.

BTW, did anyone of you grab some of this cordless drill?
January 17, 2018 11:54PM
habibie Wrote:
> BTW, did anyone of you grab some of this cordless
> drill?

habibie I'll tell you where you inspired me. Even though I can't mess with non-standard voltages in the near future, you reminded me I got a 2,000 mAh 5v charger at Christmas. I don't even know what to use it for, but of course tablet and cellphone. So it should be a helper. But that's when I realized the kind of batteries there will be sales and surplus will likely be 5v, so that's what I'll aim for is applications that run on 5v.

So was it E02 that ran on 5v? I forget.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 18, 2018 07:42AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> So was it E02 that ran on 5v? I forget.
>
Joey,

IIRC, I think someone (perhaps Gravelrash?) did mentioned this somewhere back on this forum. However, a quick Google search shows this old post (by kmihelich) indicates its pins configuration is a +5V, +5V, GND.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.