Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New 30% tax on imported solar panels

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
New 30% tax on imported solar panels
January 22, 2018 07:33PM
Supposedly POTUS signed a 30% tax on solar panels and washing machines. I don't know exactly when that takes effect but I know I had plans for some small solar panel/battery running a Beelink or Pogoplug.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: New 30% tax on imported solar panels
January 23, 2018 05:29AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I had plans for some small
> solar panel/battery running a Beelink or Pogoplug.

that i would have loved to see in action
January 23, 2018 11:47PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> I had plans for some small
> > solar panel/battery running a Beelink or
> Pogoplug.
>
> that i would have loved to see in action

Habibie I think was on a tangent like that and maybe at one time feas. The possibilities sure capture the imagination, whether landowner with a camera halfway across the field or that neighborhood doomsday server lol. Even a LeggoMyEggo FM music server outdoors up on a pole or out in the shed. Again those 5v batteries intended for tablet charging are very cheap. For that matter, a solar panel might be a cool replacement for a tablet with a broken screen, as long as you can get into it. Iv'e gone one here and still need to ask what keystrokes will get the outboard HDMI jack working. I suppose though, anyone noticing what looks like a tablet up somewhere will try to thieve it. Just thinking out loud. My brain is known to go on strike until I finish previous projects lol - true!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 25, 2018 07:19AM
Joey,

At this stage, I am still far away from any solar panel. My last experience with a 20AH portable Li-ION battery pack with a built-in solar panel really gave me a bad taste with a solar panel. I had partially charged the battery pack and then put it under a bright sun to charge it, LOL and behold the solar panel that seems to charge it completely drains the battery after a few hours. As it turns out, while the battery gets charged, the flashing LEDs consume more power than the solar panel can deliver.

A bit off topic here. If you live in a windy area, perhaps it is best to contemplate to investing on a windmill generator.
January 28, 2018 12:23AM
habibie Wrote:

> A bit off topic here. If you live in a windy area,
> perhaps it is best to contemplate to investing on
> a windmill generator.

Yeah really, and there are some inexpensive generators, even vertical fan blades similar to those upright indoor fans. Now I see why people have little weather stations, as long as there's equipment up there, may as well add the rest of it.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.