Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SanDisk memory card on sale for memorial weekend

Posted by habibie 
SanDisk memory card on sale for memorial weekend
May 26, 2018 12:09PM
Have a look here. I am interested in the 32GB microSDHC card, but don't know what is its R/W speed. So, I passed.
Re: SanDisk memory card on sale for memorial weekend
May 26, 2018 02:53PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have a look
> here.
> I am interested in the 32GB microSDHC card, but
> don't know what is its R/W speed. So, I passed.

Wow great Sandisk USB stick prices at Best Buy as well. In rare form I happen to have a $20 and am tempted to go through a severe hailstorm to get to BestBuy for either 2 x 32GB SanDisk Ultras or 1 x 64GB SanDisk Ultra @ about $17... oh man, supply and demand... makes you wonder if the prices will stay the same when BestBuy updates prices at 3AM tomorrow... I'll go the safe route and wait.

I DID smoke a SanDisk being a fool lately and even one x SD@ 32GB could restore equilibrium...

-update- cool, I'm broke but got the 2 x 32GB Ultras replaced (the 64 GB was a Glide or I'd have gotten it). Thanks Habibie. I'm not what you'd call a religious person, but there's proverbs I like that make sense to me. Something about what is sown in tears will be reaped in joy.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2018 11:35PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
May 27, 2018 06:24AM
Joey, is this 32GB Ultra you just bought? If so, can you please test to find out what is its R/W performance, preferably using the Linux dd, i.e. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=4M (where sdX is the device)? If it is capable of writing @ 40 MBps, I sure would get it for my Rpi 0W that I bought recently.
May 27, 2018 11:44AM
habibie Wrote:
> Joey, is this
> 32GB
> Ultra
you just bought? If so, can you please
> test to find out what is its R/W performance,
> preferably using the Linux dd, i.e. dd
> if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=4M
(where sdX is
> the device)? If it is capable of writing @ 40
> MBps, I sure would get it for my Rpi 0W that I
> bought recently.

No I bought USB sticks, one for portable linux of some kind (rotate the Mints) and another for all-around.
This may help what you're looking for:

https://kb-eu.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4968/~/sdxc%2F-sdhc%2F-sd-support-information-page

-update- maybe not, that item is the one thing not listed - but consider the regular SDHC Ultra is 20 MB/sec.

That's one thing, the USB sticks and memory cards - I only get mine from Best Buy and I still have to go there with a cool and focused head. There's so many cards with the same basic labeling (not the SKU) and the kids employed there like to sell 80/20 and I tell them no the specification is 80/80 - which they always find and I leave there happy.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2018 11:55AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
May 27, 2018 04:16PM
Joey, thank you. But, I am looking for a faster microSD card for an Rpi 0 W which only has a microSD slot.
May 27, 2018 04:50PM
Realistically, I think the only SD card that might get you >= 40MB/s Write speed is the Sandisk Extreme. Other Sandisk modles have much slower Write speed (they might have very fast Read speed that exceeds 40MB/s).

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2018 04:55PM by bodhi.
May 28, 2018 06:22AM
bodhi Wrote:
> Realistically, I think the only SD card that might get you >= 40MB/s Write speed is the Sandisk Extreme. Other Sandisk modles have much slower Write speed (they might have very fast Read speed that exceeds 40MB/s).
>
I guess this SanDisk microSDHC Memory Card - 32GB should have no more than 20 MBps write throughput and perhaps is OK to use on a n Rpi 0 W.
May 28, 2018 02:00PM
Habibie and anyone else, trying to help so if I'm off just ignore me.
What I do is make a bookmark like this one, click it BestBuy MicroSD, change your location, select the "pick up local" tab, then save as a trusty bookmark. I have three bookmarks in my browsers that way for Best Buy: flash drives, microSD cards and hard drives. Those are items I'd only buy locally anyway, but the links search price low to high. I mean, that's a SLOW website anyway, so that was necessity.

So I usually check once a week, but this time you got me looking Habibe, and TODAY, the price is back up to $34.95, so I saved $50 from your head's up. And good luck with your Rpi W because I hope to get one or two before the year is out.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2018 03:08PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
May 28, 2018 09:19PM
Joey, thank you. I decided not to get any of SanDisk.
May 29, 2018 06:00AM
I just checked and the SanDisk microSDHC Memory Card - 32GB is now $7.64 (no coupon needed).
June 03, 2018 11:34PM
habibie Wrote:
> I just checked and the
> SanDisk
> microSDHC Memory Card - 32GB
is now $7.64
> (no coupon needed).
Hope you didn't buy that as it's a Class 4 device and won't be very useful with a Raspberry Pi!

Ray
June 04, 2018 07:51AM
rayknight Wrote:
> Hope you didn't buy that as it's a Class 4 device and won't be very useful with a Raspberry Pi!
>
Thank you, Ray. I did not buy the microSD card for that reason.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.