Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

free pogoplug v4-a3-01

Posted by kt97679 
free pogoplug v4-a3-01
June 10, 2018 11:52AM
Hi folks,

I have pogoplug v4-a3-01 which I'm not using. If somebody here leaves near Seattle I can give it for free to you.

Thanks,
Kirill.
Re: free pogoplug v4-a3-01
June 11, 2018 02:23AM
Super cool of you. That's the one with a SATA port and USB 3? Someone going to be happy. I don't have postage even or I'd be begging you :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 11, 2018 06:51AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Super cool of you. That's the one with a SATA port and USB 3?
>
Yes and v4-a3-01 comes with a USB3 and SATA docking port.

> Someone going to be happy. I don't have postage even or I'd be begging you :-)
>
Exactly, Joe. Shipping through USPS will cost about US $6+. I don't know about you, but that will be about 6x HT-802 units from Walmart (US 98¢ each if the offer is still available). That's the reason I did not want you to waste your $$ on S/H as shown in my post here.
June 11, 2018 03:06PM
habibie Wrote:
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Super cool of you. That's the one with a SATA
> port and USB 3?
> >
> Yes and v4-a3-01 comes with a USB3 and SATA
> docking port.
>
> > Someone going to be happy. I don't have postage
> even or I'd be begging you :-)
> >
> Exactly, Joe. Shipping through USPS will cost
> about US $6+. I don't know about you, but that
> will be about 6x HT-802 units from Walmart (US
> 98¢ each if the offer is still available). That's
> the reason I did not want you to waste your $$ on
> S/H as shown in my post
> here.

You read me like a book Habibie - I was going to say if I determine it's better to get these off to you to consider it a domestic Chinese order, because it'll take from 2 weeks to 2 months for you to get it LOL
The units are quite small too, where if I ripped them out of the packaging you could do with a thick envelope and probably no worse for the wear.
Nature abhors a vacuum so if it's in the Tao of things you're next in line. The thought has crossed my mind too, to see if you'd keep one and flash one for me, but think it over. Think it over but don't overthink (I just invented that saying here and now :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 12, 2018 07:52AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> You read me like a book Habibie - I was going to say if I determine it's better to get these off to you to consider it a domestic Chinese order, because it'll take from 2 weeks to 2 months for you to get it LOL
>
You are right mainly because of your comment here where you clearly stated that I was uncomfortable giving out my address.

> The units are quite small too, where if I ripped them out of the packaging you could do with a thick envelope and probably no worse for the wear.
>
I gathered you did buy some and yes its dimension is 10 cm x 10 cm x 2.95 cm (almost 2x the size of an HT-701) and will probably fit 2x inside a Priority Mail 2-Day™ Small Flat Rate Box USPS-Produced Box (8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8") US $7.20 or probably fit about 9x inside a Priority Mail 2-Day™ Medium Flat Rate Box USPS-Produced Box (13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2") US $13.65 (see here).

> Nature abhors a vacuum so if it's in the Tao of things you're next in line. The thought has crossed my mind too, to see if you'd keep one and flash one for me, but think it over. Think it over but don't overthink (I just invented that saying here and now :-)
>
LOL.
June 12, 2018 06:26PM
habibie Wrote:

> where you clearly stated that I was
> uncomfortable giving out my address.
>

With all due respect, I said "I can understand if", which isn't a clear statement. Since we all use aliases here it's an indication we like it that way.

Secondly, I'd only go 2 day delivery if it were an item worth over $100 or contraband (joking about the latter). I could probably save a buck mailing each top and bottom shell in a warped, standard business envelope and the circuit board into a third, unprotected but FRAGILE clearly written in marker.

OR: I could staple your name and address to it, go to the police station and say I fouind this, maybe it belongs to the guy in the address LOL

OR we could start a GoFundMe - aim for an overnight delivery of 100 pounds and get you hooked up with ThinClients and VGA monitors. Maybe some cassette tapes. They sat next to a magnet for 25 years but that "glues" the sound better on the overall mix. It's called "adding flux".

Running out of ideas here... wait that's it, I can run there. Or walk. Okay I'm all set, but need an umbrella. Could you ship me an umbrella? 2-day delivery?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 13, 2018 08:12AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> habibie Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
> > where you clearly stated that I was uncomfortable giving out my address.
> >
>
> With all due respect, I said "I can understand if", which isn't a clear statement. Since we all use aliases here it's an indication we like it that way.
>
Joey,

I just went by what you had said in that post and offered to give you my complete mailing address through a PM if you were willing to waste your $$$ on a S/H cost, instead of spending it over on something that you will probably need.

BTW, I don't know who uses an alias here in this forum, but my handle here is real and not fake.

> Secondly, I'd only go 2 day delivery if it were an item worth over $100 or contraband (joking about the latter). I could probably save a buck mailing each top and bottom shell in a warped, standard business envelope and the circuit board into a third, unprotected but FRAGILE clearly written in marker.
>
> OR: I could staple your name and address to it, go to the police station and say I fouind this, maybe it belongs to the guy in the address LOL
>
> OR we could start a GoFundMe - aim for an overnight delivery of 100 pounds and get you hooked up with ThinClients and VGA monitors. Maybe some cassette tapes. They sat next to a magnet for 25 years but that "glues" the sound better on the overall mix. It's called "adding flux".
>
> Running out of ideas here... wait that's it, I can run there. Or walk. Okay I'm all set, but need an umbrella. Could you ship me an umbrella? 2-day delivery?
>
After reading all of the above, I am sure anyone who had such thoughts wouldn't mind to ship you an umbrella, would they?

Anyway, you know I ever mentioned here in this forum that I live a frugal lifestyle. So, if you could tell me where to get a US 98¢ umbrella with a 2¢ (preferably free) 2-day S/H cost (a total of no more than US $1), I honestly don't mind to accept your above solicitation.
June 13, 2018 09:56AM
:) I use and alias :)
June 13, 2018 12:50PM
habibie Wrote:
>
> Anyway, you know I ever mentioned here in this
> forum that I live a frugal lifestyle. So, if you
> could tell me where to get a US 98¢ umbrella with
> a 2¢ (preferably free) 2-day S/H cost (a total of
> no more than US $1), I honestly don't mind to
> accept your above solicitation.

Habibie, you had decent links on what to do with this unit, and I ordered a PL2303TA USB TTL to RS232 Converter exactly as someone specified, which makes sense to have a backup in case my other one is the reason the DreamPlug had screwy artifacts going on. Just got it in the mail, although it smells a little burnt 8-/. Can't test right now.

But as for being frugal, me too - when money is tight I don't make promises, and even my health and life expectancy isn't so hot at the moment. I could always return to Wal Mart for my $2.00 too - as a comedian once said "turn this around, make it work for me" :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
June 13, 2018 01:25PM
Habibie I hereby commit to send you one of them :-). It's going to be when I get a few bucks which could be god knows when, but it should be within the timeline of any order from China. PM me address and I'll at least get a label together and find the shipping cost :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.