Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

-edited- eBay refunded me... groovy that.

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
-edited- eBay refunded me... groovy that.
August 28, 2018 07:57PM
Remember my $19.00 worth of 2 HDMI splitters? Right when I checked the Feedback three days later and started getting suspicious, I get a PM saying the seller cancelled the order because his terrible employee set the listing to relist instead of delete. But, he said, my money was refunded. I get an email from PayPal (although I paid with AMEX Bluebird) and it said they paid me back. And there's nothing in my account.

So this is going to suck. I PMed the seller today and told him negative feedback will be the kindest action from me right now, and he replied it's PayPal's fault and that it takes 24 hours. And it's been 24 hours.

!@#@%$@#$@!!!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2018 09:55AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Finally, eBay ripped me off! (they warned me but nooooo!)
August 28, 2018 08:48PM
@Joey: Give it more time. Although most of my eBay refund happened almost instantaneously, there were some took up to 48 hrs. In one particular instance, the refund took 2+ weeks, IIRC. This had something to do with eBay.
August 28, 2018 09:39PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Joey: Give it more time. Although most of my eBay
> refund happened almost instantaneously, there were
> some took up to 48 hrs. In one particular
> instance, the refund took 2+ weeks, IIRC. This had
> something to do with eBay.

Okay thanks Habibie I was freaking a bit. If I get my money back then I'll still leave good feedback.
And I might try the Bluebird card on a Chinese etc version of that switch- that would save enough money to help my cause.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
August 29, 2018 07:08AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> And I might try the Bluebird card on a Chinese etc version of that switch- that would save enough money to help my cause.
>
If you are not in a hurry, I would recommend to hold on your purchase until this issue gets clear.
August 29, 2018 09:54AM
habibie Wrote:
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > And I might try the Bluebird card on a Chinese
> etc version of that switch- that would save
> enough money to help my cause.
> >
> If you are not in a hurry, I would recommend to
> hold on your purchase until this issue gets clear.

Habibie THANKS! I never would have thought to wait longer, but the refund did get through.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
August 29, 2018 12:09PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> Habibie THANKS! I never would have thought to wait
> longer, but the refund did get through.
>
I am glad to hear that. Now, i reckon now it is time for you to place the other order and hope every thing will be a breeze sail.
August 29, 2018 03:26PM
habibie Wrote:
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Habibie THANKS! I never would have thought to
> wait
> > longer, but the refund did get through.
> >
> I am glad to hear that. Now, i reckon now it is
> time for you to place the other order and hope
> every thing will be a breeze sail.

YEAH! I went minimalist and ordered 2 x your first suggestion, which is: Interruttore HDMI 3 Port Switch Splitter Switcher Full HD HDTV US $2.70 + Free economy S/H from China.

Also I'm shocked the AMEX Bluebird worked for an overseas transaction. So PayPal handles it from there I reckon.
Well fingers crossed, the boats are slow and it's a big ocean... and I've got HDMI switching to do LOL

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: -edited- eBay refunded me... groovy that.
August 29, 2018 07:26PM
For what it's worth, I also squeezed in two of the same units in the first place that were $9 apiece, namely these.

It's always an afterthought why something is priced so low, and the other two I ordered in the $2 range of course, have jacks on all four directions meaning it's for where cables are okay hanging all over the place. So I did good, and when I put a few cents on Bluebird I'll get one last remote control HDMI switch for special occasions.

*and Habibie I see you got me saying reckon I reckon.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
August 29, 2018 07:58PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> Interruttore HDMI 3 Port Switch Splitter Switcher Full HD HDTV US $2.70 + Free economy S/H from China.
>
If you need a 4K video support, this is NOT what you want.

> Also I'm shocked the AMEX Bluebird worked for an overseas transaction. So PayPal handles it from there I reckon. Well fingers crossed, the boats are slow and it's a big ocean... and I've got HDMI switching to do LOL
>
In a purchase transaction through eBay and/or most online stores, the online store acts to escrow your money. As such, seller does not know what you use to pay for the transaction and does not get the money until the transaction is completed. As such, I feel comfortable shopping on eBay. AFAICT, it is rather impossible for a seller to harvest credit card numbers. And, scamming only works on unaware buyers.

A friend who knew nothing about this 10.1''Inch Tablet PC Android 6.0 Octa Core 64GB 10 Inch HD WIFI 2 SIM 3G Phablet got scammed when received an exactly look a like on the ad but a fake 10.1 phablet. When my friend asked me to check the item, I found out it is a 4-core MT6582 CPU clocked @1.3 GHz + 1 / 16 GB RAM / eMMC storage. To make a long story short, eBay gave a full refund and my friend ended up with a free 10.1" Phablet with a 4-core MT6582 CPU clocked @1.3 GHz + 1 / 16 GB RAM / eMMC storage. Not bad at all. I found out from other friend who does business in China telling me that it would cost the seller US $30+ to pay for shipping back while such a fake 10.1" phablet costs seller less than US $20. So, in reality and as long as every 1 out of 2 buyers complains with a full refund, the seller already makes some profit. In this case, the seller needs to pay for 2 phablets with a total of no more than US $40 and sell 1x for US $75, a mere US $35 in profit. In China, a US $35 (x7 to convert into a Chinese currency) is worth a whole lot more to any Chinese. That is why a scam like this still flourishes on eBay.
Re: -edited- eBay refunded me... groovy that.
August 29, 2018 08:00PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> *and Habibie I see you got me saying reckon I reckon.
>
LOL.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.