Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UNO R3

Posted by habibie 
UNO R3
September 07, 2018 09:14AM
I was lurking around AliExpress and stumbled upon this GREATZT 1set UNO R3 MEGA328P CH340 CH340G for Arduino UNO R3 + USB CABLE. I am no expert in this, but can anyone please tell me what I can do with this? Also, how is this differ from Arduino?
Re: UNO R3
September 07, 2018 12:33PM
the arduino is the same..... as in the same chip. so should be compatible with the same programming tools
September 07, 2018 01:05PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the arduino is the same..... as in the same chip. so should be compatible with the same programming tools
>
From what you said above, this sounds like an Arduino clone. If so, then it costs less than an Arduino board. I sure would like to know if anyone here has used this board.
September 11, 2018 10:38AM
There are so many clones like this one with the CH340 for USB to Serial connection. The original one uses ATmega16U2 for this. The CH340 is said to be less stable, and sometimes cause some glitches.. probably not very often, rather very rare. Another difference is that the original R3 uses DIP format Atmega328 for the main chip which can be replaced by prying/pulling off the microcontroller. Your clone uses the SMD version of the Atmega32, it is soldered on and can't be easily replaced.

So if you can spend 5 bucks and has the time to wait until it arrives, give it a go.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.