Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Off Topic THANKS!

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Off Topic THANKS!
February 11, 2019 08:27PM
I knew something was tugging at me to come here; it's four years (and two hours) I've been a member here.

Seems to me I barely had a Pogoplug E-2 and another home NAS that worked out better for the Hitachi hard drive that's running on this ThinClient than letting it go 28 hours to index itself.

It's been the "new lease on life" section of my autobiography and I remember every help you all gave and even some care packages in the mail, which will all be explored finally in a little bit.

I have a lot to thank you all for, and if you're reading this you are a f-king hero so thank you, I remember you :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: Off Topic THANKS!
February 11, 2019 09:29PM
Hey Joey,

I'm glad you've been a member here, too.

One of those days when I have a lot of time to burn we can have a hack marathon on some new hardware again :)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
February 13, 2019 01:56AM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Joey,
>
> I'm glad you've been a member here, too.
>
> One of those days when I have a lot of time to
> burn we can have a hack marathon on some new
> hardware again :)

Yeah that Pogoplug Spring roughly three years ago was a phenomenal blast for me - to think what these 4 watt wonders are capable of still fairly blows my mind - far less than a night light and it's doing torrents etc 24/7. Hindsight I would have gotten more E02s but still have 4 units of 128 MB RAM I'll have to finalize a plan.

The place I see helping my future is those remote control powerstrips i think Gravelrash showed us, where you can turn on and off outlets wirelessly. My brain is getting close to formulating uses for that like a poor man's homemade Zyxel but much more expanded, an array that syncs intelligently and doesn't draw constant power for 4 or more 3.5" hard drives.

Maybe its worth asking here, if I'd like these little devices to have the command of
poweroff -h
before cutting power if that always has to be command prompt or would a shortcut icon work?

But yeah, another Adorama season would be a cool thing.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
February 13, 2019 05:45AM
@Joey
I remember when you joined... :)

Ive not had much chance the last year or so to contribute with work and personal life. but glad to see that more people have come on board and some of the new(old)guard are still here too
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.