Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2019 2+16GB S912 8-core Sunveil T95Z+ under US $16

Posted by habibie 
2019 2+16GB S912 8-core Sunveil T95Z+ under US $16
April 24, 2019 11:18AM
Lately, I have noticed some influxes of inexpensive (under US $20) S912 (octa core) Android TV Boxes on eBay and thought perhaps they are scams. Of particular interest was this offer, a Sunveil T95Z+ S912 octa core with 2/16 GB RAM/eMMC internal storage (sale ended) under US $20. When I checked other items sold by the seller, I noticed the store sells mostly sex toys. This certainly raises a question: Why does a sex toy suddenly sells some inexpensive Android TV Boxes. Regardless, I decided to give it a try and placed an order for such an Android TV Box. As usual, when seller updated the PO status with shipment, eBay sent a notification eMail to inform me. At the same time, the seller also sent me eBay messages saying s/he has shipped the item as an assurance (which is pretty unusual). After a few days, I checked the status of shipment and it sure showed some activities. However, there was a void of almost one week of shipment inactivity since then (when it showed the shipment had left the origin country). I contacted the seller and was assured that the shipment should arrive soon. To make long story short, the shipment arrived about four days later on. I tested the item and it works, even under CoreELEC. Since I was not able to make the A/V port to work on an old analog TV set (no video signals), the seller offered a 50% refund and I accepted it. In other words, this offer was not a scam, except A/V module is broken, yet it is still useable with the HDMI port.

Anyway, today I saw this Sunveil T95Z+ S912 octa core with 2/16 GB RAM/eMMC internal storage under US $16.0 and the store sells mostly Chinese jade bracelet. Regardless, I just placed an order and hope this is not a scam.

Just wanted to share such an experience.
Re: 2019 2+16GB S912 8-core Sunveil T95Z+ under US $16
April 25, 2019 10:16PM
What a sweet deal! If that 2nd one is up in the near future I'll go for it - the SpeedPAK is part of the allure, but this month my pennies went to a 2TB hard drive @ $40 and a WD Scorpio Black for a laptop.

So how are octa cores for performance and what do you run on them? If you don't mind me asking.
If there's Linux versions of pitch to MIDI I'd be inclined to build one of those into a guitar. Send wireless MIDI over WiFi.
FWIW the MIDI 2.0 spec is being created right now so it should be faster than before & much more nuanced.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 01:43AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
April 26, 2019 04:53PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a sweet deal! If that 2nd one is up in the near future I'll go for it - the SpeedPAK is part
> of the allure,
>
Every time I asked the seller if such a deal will be offered in the future and always got a response saying something like Thank you for your order and if you had any question, we will be more than happy to help ... In other words, the seller never says that s/he will or won't offer such a deal in the future. I will just keep watching its store to find out if it will offer such a deal in the future.

> 2TB hard drive @ $40 and
>
I was thinking to place an order for the above 2 TB HDD. However, after reading its spec, it clearly declares the SATA speed is 3 GBps (sounded like a SATA II?)

> So how are octa cores for performance and what do you run on them? If you don't mind me asking.
>
Currently, I am using it with CoreElec to stream Internet TV channels.

> If there's Linux versions of pitch to MIDI I'd be inclined to build one of those into a guitar.
>
I am not sure what you meant by pitch to MIDI. Anyway, I have been using MuseScore for a while to program some piano music scores/sheets. I notice it can export to a MIDI file. So, if I download and load this Spanish Gypsy Dance score to my MuseScore editor, I can export it to a MIDI file (see the attached MIDI file). Is that what you called pitch to MIDI?
Attachments:
open | download - Spanish_Gypsy_Dance__Espana_Cani_-_P_Marquina_Narro_Brass_Quintet.mid (12.2 KB)
April 26, 2019 09:31PM
habibie Wrote:

> TB HDD. However, after reading its spec, it
> clearly declares the SATA speed is 3 GBps (sounded
> like a SATA II?)

Yeah that's one of those areas I don't mind SATA 2 at all. Both of my main PCs are SATA 2 architecture and the other hard drives installed are SATA 3-capable. Knock on wood the White Label hard drive I receive is an OEM of anything except a WD Caviar Green 8-(. I can handle a noisy Hitachi that will run bulletproof for the next 15 years but not a Green that will fail when I need it. But that website has 100% feedback on thousands of orders so that's a good feeling.

Oh, as for Pitch to MIDI, I just meant the translator that turns guitar strings into MIDI notes. I have Melodyne Assistant that can convert to MIDI if it's monophonic (and hope to upgrade to polyphonic this Black Friday), but have no idea what's int he world of Linux, something like that to kind of emulate a Roland Guitar pickup over wireless, that would be the bees knees. Having said that I know older guitar players who say software has better pitch detection than hardware.

Neat MIDI; maybe I'll render it with the MIDI Orchestra I bought at Christmas- a cheap but okay collection called the SONiVOX Premier Collection, cost $49 at special times. They're old samples but not bad and played by real good musicians. Just three generations of AD converters ago.

Got to run for now but neat discussion and thanks for the MIDI.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 27, 2019 07:31AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> ... Knock on wood the White Label hard drive I receive is an OEM of anything except a WD Caviar Green 8-(.
>
Had you had not placed an order of the 2 TB HDD, I sure can recommend this Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive US $54.99 - US $5 (with promo code: EMCTYVC35) = US $49.99 + Free S/H.

> Oh, as for Pitch to MIDI, I just meant the translator that turns guitar strings into MIDI notes.
>
I am not sure what exactly you meant by a MIDI note. However, if all you wanna be able to have is a free (open source) and nice score editor to enter guitar strings and then export it to a MIDI file, then the MuseScore application I mentioned before should suffice. You can install the application on your Windows computer to give it a try. If you like it, then perhaps open up a new account in its forum to participate with their discussion to get and/or offer helps.

P.S: I thought you may be interested in this discussion on Importing Guitar Midi from Reaper for Tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2019 07:41AM by habibie.
April 27, 2019 12:56PM
habibie Wrote:
> >
> Had you had not placed an order of the 2 TB HDD, I
> sure can recommend this
> Seagate
> BarraCuda ST2000DM006 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA
> 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive
US $54.99

Looks real good but in my case I barely had the $40 and went through some extra motions to get the last bit.
FWIW I just got it in, plugged it in and see it's: Hitachi HUA 722020ALA331 ATA Device

Not known to be the quietest drives but I have yet to have a problem with Hitachi.

Habibie I have more to reply to but will come back later after processing this and copying over some stuff. I have an Iomega home NAS that will get the hand-me-down hard drive this is replacing, a WD 2TB 5400 RPM - seems about right :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 28, 2019 12:48AM
Well ladies & germs,
It pains me greatly to report I got somewhat of an intermittent - it doesn't like being recognized nor can it be trusted to let the Defragmenter turn off computer after it's finished. It froze for hours before I noticed the computer was on. Then the computer wouldn't boot until I unplugged the hard drive and plugged in hot after bootup. Otherwise the performance was fantastic, but maybe it needs a firmware update. The seller went out of their way to get me a printable return label and maybe they know it's junk.

Power sad :-(.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 28, 2019 07:42AM
I feel like this offer is a scam. The seller provided a valid tracking number issued 2 days prior my order was placed (just doesn't add up). I contacted the seller and no response. Anyway, I just checked the status of the shipment from the provided tracking number, it appears the item will be shipped to US from Guangzhou (CAN) to Los Angeles (LAX) port of entry (west coast) with a flight-plan number CZ327 (China Southern Airline) while my shipping address is in GA (east coast). I will just wait and see to which city the item will be delivered.
April 28, 2019 10:46AM
habibie Wrote:
> I feel like this offer is a scam. The seller
> provided a valid tracking number issued 2 days
> prior my order was placed (just doesn't add up). I
> contacted the seller and no response. Anyway, I
> just checked the status of the shipment from the
> provided tracking number, it appears the item will
> be shipped to US from Guangzhou (CAN) to Los
> Angeles (LAX) port of entry (west coast) with a
> flight-plan number
> CZ327
> (China Southern Airline) while my shipping address
> is in GA (east coast). I will just wait and see to
> which city the item will be delivered.

You got me thinking; maybe Lady Gaga is pronounced "Lady Jaw Jaw" because she's a resident of Georgia and textually stutters?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 29, 2019 07:48AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> You got me thinking; maybe Lady Gaga is pronounced "Lady Jaw Jaw" because she's a resident of Georgia and textually stutters?
>
LOL.
April 30, 2019 12:19AM
habibie Wrote:
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > You got me thinking; maybe Lady Gaga is
> pronounced "Lady Jaw Jaw" because she's a resident
> of Georgia and textually stutters?
> >
> LOL.

Happy to report, both hard drives are working perfect - my ASUS motherboard was finicky about new hard drives and once I noodled around in the BIOS and saved it the problem went away. And the Scorpio for laptop is much faster than a cheap PNY SSD I bought and returned from Best Buy as well.

Are things going good for you Habibie? I hope your luck turns like mine did :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
April 30, 2019 07:15AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> Happy to report, both hard drives are working perfect
>
I am glad to hear you have straightened out the issue.

> Are things going good for you Habibie? I hope your luck turns like mine did :-)
>
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Right now, I need to wait for the item to be delivered to the destination address and that will probably take a couple of days. Once that is done, then I will contact to let eBay know for a full refund.
April 30, 2019 02:37PM
I decided to file for the eBay resolution center and within 1 hr, eBay gave a full refund.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.