Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Theres some more to be had.....

Posted by Gravelrash 
Theres some more to be had.....
May 28, 2019 08:05AM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332964456269

I can come back to the party after a loooong hiatus - Just bought myself a PogoPlug Pink - N.I.B.
Re: Theres some more to be had.....
May 28, 2019 10:27AM
welcome back, I understand it beeing our favourite small linux box, but for that money I think I would buy something like this:
HP T5740
Having many more inetrfaces and such... I don't think power consumption is much higher either.
May 29, 2019 07:19AM
With such a budget, I would rather spend it on any octa-core Android TV Boxes, i.e. 2018 H96 Pro+ 3GB/32GB Amlogic S912 Octa Core Android 7.1 TV Box 5G AC Dual WiFi US $18.99 + Free S/H, Smart TV BOX T95Z PLUS S912 Octa Core Android 7.1 2.4/5Ghz Dual Band WIFI UHD 4K US $20.99 + Free S/H, etc., to run ARMbian OS. From the sellers rating, I won't blame if you suspect the offers are a scam. However, I don't really mind to place an order to find out if they are a scam or not. After all, eBay will come to the rescue if such offers are a scam. For instance, when I first checked this Sunvell T95Z Plus Set-top Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core 4K x 2K H.265 US $19.99 + Free S/H, I inclined to conclude the offer is a scam mainly because the seller store mostly sells sex toys. Regardless, I placed an order and received the item, i.e. not a scam.
May 29, 2019 01:57PM
Gravelrash,

Welcome back to hacking :) any project you have in mind?

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
May 30, 2019 06:09AM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gravelrash,
>
> Welcome back to hacking :) any project you have in
> mind?

blue tooth Music player for when i am in the garage chucking spanners around and security camera to watch over the same when i am not :)

also add Qi charging and stick the lot in the attached

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2019 06:12AM by Gravelrash.
Attachments:
open | download - 5052449813197_280_IDShot_3.jpeg (9.8 KB)
May 30, 2019 06:31AM
Damn:) that’s an interesting project!

Pogo E02 for 18 pounds is a very good cost-to-performance ratio.

It certain has enough power to do all that in a nice package. A workhorse too. My Pogo E02 has been running for many years with no sight of wearing down.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
May 30, 2019 01:14PM
Gravelrash,

As someone who uses a couple of Pogos for music players I highly recommend Forked-Daapd (Can scan a network shared music library, play an audio pipe automatically from a detected line-in source *via cPiped, Airplay to remote speakers, be controlled by Apple Remote app, web interface, or MPD client, stream your Spotify library, cast to Chromecast, scrobble to LastFM for tracking your playback history, and more) and pairing it with Shairport-Sync (Airplay receiver that supports pipe output for audio and metadata that Forked-Daapd can then pick up and Airplay to all compatible speakers in your house). I have a bluetooth audio receiver that connects to the line-in on my USB DAC, so I can stream from my phone's bluetooth, or from Airplay, and Forked-Daapd will re-broadcast the audio wherever I want (or play back locally on the USB DAC output).

On the webcam front I played with Motion - https://motion-project.github.io/motion_config.html - and had it working, but never got the configuration right for managing the massive number of images and video files it creates. So I shut it down for now.
May 31, 2019 03:04PM
I SO wish there was a thumbs up button so someone like me could say "YEAH!" without derailing the thread.

Pink Pogoplug and Habibie's octacore are the takeaways for me :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.