Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hosting pictures on small devices now that TinyPic is going down?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Hosting pictures on small devices now that TinyPic is going down?
August 24, 2019 03:19PM
Wow, I've been thunderstruck today. TinyPic announced it's going away; it's been the easiest free variation on Photobucket I've ever seen. You could login to your self-customized folders etc or even upload anything with no login (you lose control but that's fine sometimes) and have it display wherever you use the [img] brackets at websites.

I haven't seen a little linux serving app and especially pogoplug- friendly that might work, but TinyPic set a high bar.

If anyone isn't familiar with TinyPic you can click through the first page and still see what's up there and how it worked. I never liked Photobucket even if it were free, let alone it's too expensive. If only TinyPic had it reasonably priced because they deserved it.

There's still so much I don't know. I'd expect someone to say I need free domain hosting and a lot of other stuff. Maybe Armbian friendly would be good too.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2019 04:07PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.