Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[solved] Troubleshooting uboot env

Posted by wilbert-vb 
[solved] Troubleshooting uboot env
July 18, 2016 04:40PM
Hello all,

Based on the discussion Debian on NSA310S, I'm in the process of booting Debian from hard drive.
I have modified the instructions by Pengu to dual boot from sata and nand.
My Zyxel NSA310s boots with success from the file system on the hard drive, but fw_printenv shows the following error:

Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment

I understand that this is the result of a wrong address that is accessed when reading the env.
Until this is corrected I do not touch the nand storage.

When I boot without disk, fw_printenv shows the correct and expected output as available in the attached file.
Which indicates that the bootargs_nand variable is correct.

I think that the problem is with the bootargs_ide variable, but I need your expertise to find the problem.

Would you please help me?

Thank you very much,
Wilbert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 10:49AM by wilbert-vb.
Attachments:
open | download - fw_printenv.txt (1.7 KB)
Re: Troubleshooting uboot env
July 18, 2016 07:23PM
Wilbert,

When you boot the new Debian rootfs with stock u-boot, the mtdparts envs and the envs location are different so they need to be adjusted. Please post these outputs.

dmesg
cat /proc/mtd
cat /etc/fw_env.config

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
July 18, 2016 10:00PM
Please find the files attached,

Thank you very much,
Wilbert
Attachments:
open | download - dmesg.txt (13.6 KB)
open | download - fw_env.config (368 bytes)
open | download - proc_mtd.txt (68 bytes)
July 18, 2016 11:59PM
Wilbert,

Please also get output of the u-boot envs, and post here (in code tag). The file you've attached (for u-boot envs) were cut off and incompleted.

The output of these files are small, there is no need to attach text files. Code tag is the best format to post these logs.

The first look tells me there is a problem with mtdparts in bootargs. Should be orion_nand:

[    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200 mtdparts=orion_nand:0x100000(uboot),0x80000(uboot_env),0x80000(key_store),0x80000(info),0xA00000(etc),0xA00000(kernel_1),0x2FC0000(rootfs1),0xA00000(kernel_2),0x2FC0000(rootfs2) root=LABEL=root rw rootwait loglevel=8

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2016 06:13AM by bodhi.
July 19, 2016 12:10PM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Should be orion_nand:

Thank you very much, this was the key and /etc/fw_env.config was missing.

fw_printenv shows the expected output now.

Wilbert
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.