Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nntpgrab on dockstar?

Posted by Olli 
Olli
nntpgrab on dockstar?
September 22, 2010 04:20PM
Hello forum,

is it possible to install some software like nntpgrab on the dockstar? The author offers the sources, but it has to be compiled, hasn't it?

Olli
Re: nntpgrab on dockstar?
September 23, 2010 12:52AM
once my dockstar arrives i'll try that:

http://sabnzbd.org/
Olli
September 23, 2010 02:59AM
Hm, in the manual it is described, that there are sometimes problems with unpacking the files and all following files are hanging. :-(
I am using nntpgrab for some month on opensuse, and if one file hangs during unpacking, the following files are donwloaded anyway. So at the moment, I would prefer nntpgrab. :-)
September 23, 2010 03:25AM
i won't use the auto unpacking anyway. so it should be fine for me :P
Olli
September 23, 2010 05:36AM
But you need Pyton on the dockstar for that. Is it easy to install like "apt-get install pyton" or something loke that?
September 23, 2010 05:54AM
yes python can be installed by using apt-get
Olli
September 27, 2010 06:12AM
Hi all,

ok, after...
apt-get install python
apt-get install unrar
apt-get install sabnzbdplus
...the nzb program is running.
I started it direct on the terminal and so output messages are on the console. :-(
But the rest works nice. I download with 150kb/s (my provider doesnt allow more) and the cpu load is about 10-15 per cent.

Thanks Elfish for the link to the program.

Olli
September 27, 2010 03:59PM
yw. i just installed it aswell i seems to run pretty smooth and uses like 15-20% cpu it prolly depends on your cpu speed.
i'm fine with it tho looks pretty neat
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.