Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ZFS on GoFlex running Debian 5.x.x

Posted by shayan123 
ZFS on GoFlex running Debian 5.x.x
August 14, 2021 10:25AM
I'm currently running the latest uBoot (2017.07) for my GoFlex Home with Debian-5.2.9-kirkwood-tld-1 but I can't get ZFS to install. I've been following the OpenZFS Instructions but DKMS outputs:

configure: error: 
	*** None of the expected "bdi_setup" interfaces were detected.
	*** This may be because your kernel version is newer than what is
	*** supported, or you are using a patched custom kernel with
	*** incompatible modifications.
	*** ZFS Version: zfs-2.0.3-9~bpo10+1
	*** Compatible Kernels: 3.10 - 5.10

Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.2.9-kirkwood-tld-1 (armv5tel)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/zfs/2.0.3/build/make.log for more information.
dpkg: error processing package zfs-dkms (--configure):
 installed zfs-dkms package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 10

Can this Kirkwood kernel support ZFS? If so, what's the correct way to install it successfully? I plan to attach a ZFS disk to this setup (not root on ZFS)
Re: ZFS on GoFlex running Debian 5.x.x
August 14, 2021 03:34PM
shayan123,

> Can this Kirkwood kernel support ZFS? If so,
> what's the correct way to install it successfully?
> I plan to attach a ZFS disk to this setup (not
> root on ZFS)

According to that page, the package you tried to install is an Intel 64-bit package.

ZFS probably still have no support for armv5 SoC. Last time I looked (a few years ago) to compile for Kirkwood, I also found that ZFS needs at least 2GB to run. So GoFlex Home/Net is not going to be enough, even if we can recompile for armv5.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.