Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GoFlex Home doesn't connect to router / maybe doesn't boot correctly

Posted by fly 
Hey, after I recently rebooted my GFH, I just can't connect to it anymore via ssh. It is also not pingable.
But I'm not even sure if it gets a correct IP from my router; That seems to have some problems showing the connected devices, but when I got an IP shown, it is not pingable.

So, I also cannot go sure if it boots correctly into Debian, but everything seems fine, LEDs go correctly like I setted them, and the big harddrive seems to spin down according to my previous settings. But I may be wrong with that..

Also, it MAY be that my power company powered off my house lately, so maybe the GFH got an uncontrolled poweroff, I can't say.

So, anyone got an idea how my GF can get an IP for sure or how I can ssh into it again?
Thx in advance, and have a nice day!
*bumpp*

... Please? Someone has to have an idea ;->
Re: GoFlex Home doesn't connect to router / maybe doesn't boot correctly
July 06, 2013 04:15PM
If you are booting with a USB thumb drive, 1st thing to do is to mount that stick to a different Linux box and check for error with e2fsck. You did not say your boot drive was formatted ext2 or ext3, but if it was ext2 then when the power went down its file system must have been corrupted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2013 04:16PM by bodhi.
I double checked that now, it was ext2, and I repaired it. But I still can't get it to work...
As said, it seems to not get an IP from my router.
But, it seems to boot properly, as far as I can see from the LEDs and the estimated time that the harddrive goes to standby.
Re: GoFlex Home doesn't connect to router / maybe doesn't boot correctly
July 11, 2013 12:49AM
@fly & davidnewton,

See this post:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12933,12936#msg-12936

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.