Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Iomega ix4-200d, can't acces drives after firmware recovery

Posted by Zahu 
Iomega ix4-200d, can't acces drives after firmware recovery
January 30, 2022 01:34PM
Hey guys!
I know this isn't the main topic of this forum, but as of right now, this seems to be my best bet to get some more info about it.
I had a ransomware attack on my Iomega storcenter ix4-200d NAS, so in the end, I formatted both drives, to be on the safe side. Little did I know, the hard drives also had the firmware on them. After some googling, I was able to get an old version of the firmware(2.something) back on, and it works, as in boots up and the GUI can be accessed through a browser.
The problem is, that after all of this, my drives still can't be accessed. Both of them show up as 0 byte, and I can't set up a pool, or RAID or anything.
I get the error message: "The Iomega StorCenter device failed and some data loss may have occurred."
https://i.slow.pics/P3WPbCLI.png
[img]https://i.slow.pics/OzQMrWsC.png[/img]
And I can't access any of the settings of the nas, because it says "The selected function is not available due to the state of the disks."

I would be really thankful, if someone had any idea about what to do, to get it back to working order.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot_210.png (43.7 KB)
Re: Iomega ix4-200d, can't acces drives after firmware recovery
January 30, 2022 02:13PM
----SOLVED-----

For the record, I'm an idiot and I had the drives in the top bays, which are apparently 3 and 4. After putting them into the bottom ones, 1 and 2 it started working. At least it finally recognizes the drives, and says that "Data Protection is being reconstructed. Reconstruction is 1% complete."
Hi, has the data reconstruction been completed?
I also have an Iomega StorCenter ix4 200d NAS with an 8TB HDD.
I had to format mine because of a bad HDD and I replaced it with newer Drives. I initially updated it to version 2.1.50 with the red user interface which wasn't the original firmware that came with it, so I then formated the whole thing once again and update it to the last firmware which was 3.2.16 with the black web interface.
I then proceed to clear the drives and configure them in RAID 10. My major problem now is that it's stuck on "Data protection is being reconstructed. Reconstruction is 0% complete" and after a whole day, it moved to 1%.
During this process, it's impossible to use the device to store any of my files and I don't know how long it would take to complete.
Please do you have any ideas on how to resolve this?
Re: Iomega ix4-200d, can't acces drives after firmware recovery
May 04, 2022 08:30AM
I created an account in case you want to chat.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.