Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

arcNumber for GoFlex Home?

Posted by PhantomsDad 
arcNumber for GoFlex Home?
June 10, 2012 11:29AM
According to this table, the proper arcNumber for the GoFlex Home is 3338. I've been using 3089 (for the GoFlex Net) with success. Which is "correct"?

BTW, I'm running davygravy's 3.3.2 kernel.

Note: If anyone has a copy of the original factory environment, it should be in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 11:38AM by PhantomsDad.
Re: arcNumber for GoFlex Home?
June 10, 2012 12:12PM
I use the GoFlex Net's arcNumber on both my gfNet and my gfHome, in terms of kernel usage. Your statement is correct - 3338 is the "correct" value for the GFH. The 3.3.2 kernel (dg-1.1) that I rolled does (IIRC) recognize both arcNumbers.

I've never tried the GFH's arcNumber on the GFN. [I'd be interested in the outcome of such a test]

I only rolled a U-Boot for the GFN, and since it didn't seem to cause any problems {read: seems to work perfectly} in the GFHome, I said "well enough" to myself and posted it as compatible w/ both units.

=====================================================
June 10, 2012 12:44PM
I changed the arcNumber on my GoFlex Home to 3338. Doesn't seem to have made any difference. For accuracy and completeness, I'm going to leave it at 3338.
June 10, 2012 11:46PM
The GoFlex Net archNumber works the same, almost. But to be able to control the LEDs correctly, the GoFlex Home arcNumber 3338 is needed. They register different LEDs during booting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 11:48PM by bodhi.
June 11, 2012 04:06AM
@bodhi : If you use the 3338 arcNumber, will both LEDs on the GoFlex Home work? With the GoFlex Net arcNumber only one LED is working.
June 11, 2012 04:39AM
Hi Varkey,

Yes, both LEDs work with arcNumber 3338. I turn on/off the green and white LEDs with

# echo none > /sys/class/leds/status\:green\:health/trigger
# echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/status\:green\:health/trigger

# echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/status\:white\:misc/trigger
# echo none > /sys/class/leds/status\:white\:misc/trigger

-bodhi
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.