Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Debian on ReadyNas RN2120

Posted by spiderdijon 
Re: Debian on ReadyNas RN2120
March 14, 2024 02:02PM
spiderdijon,

> Sure I can look at doing that.

If you could, please follow the format that I have for Mirabox and RN102/104 installation in the release thread.

I. Mirabox Intsallation
Updated 06 Sept 2020

II. Netgear RN102 Intsallation
Updated 06 Sept 2020
Updated 19 Dec 2022 (added Section C)

> On the driver side
> I would be interested in taking a look. Is there
> anything I can checkout on git for example. It
> would be great to be able to compile my own kernel
> so I can tweak code / drivers and see the effects.

Sure, but I don't use GitHub for the kernel releases in this forum. Everything you need to build a kernel is in each release tarball.

I've just realized that I did not include the patch in the linux-6.7.5-mvebu-370xp-tld-3-bodhi.tar.bz2 release this time. Let me upload the patch to the release post.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
March 14, 2024 04:55PM
I've updated 1st post to include the patch.

NOTE: After uploading, I relalized that I forgot to include the patch for this kernel. Here is linux-6.7.5-mvebu-370xp-tld-3.patch if you want to build your own kernel.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
March 14, 2024 06:12PM
spiderdijon,

[   69.099838][    T1] pci 0000:00:02.0: ASPM: current common clock configuration is inconsistent, reconfiguring
[   69.188522][    T1] pci 0000:00:05.0: ASPM: current common clock configuration is inconsistent, reconfiguring

Try this PCI test: Toggle the PCI ASPM state to off/on. We don't know what's the default value is. So

Interrupt serial console and change the bootargs from
setenv set_bootargs 'setenv bootargs "console=ttyS0,115200 root=LABEL=rootfs rootdelay=10 $mtdparts earlyprintk=serial"'
to
setenv set_bootargs 'setenv bootargs "console=ttyS0,115200 root=LABEL=rootfs rootdelay=10 $mtdparts pcie_aspm=off earlyprintk=serial"'
and
boot

If that does not work, change it to on
setenv set_bootargs 'setenv bootargs "console=ttyS0,115200 root=LABEL=rootfs rootdelay=10 $mtdparts pcie_aspm=force earlyprintk=serial"'
Note that forcing it should be OK. But make sure you don't have anything important on the HDDs. The worse case, just disconnect power and reconnect.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2024 07:31PM by bodhi.
March 14, 2024 07:00PM
Another way to test PCI ASPM.

While in Debian, disable it by:
echo performance > /sys/module/pcie_aspm/parameters/policy

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.