Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pogoplug V4 Debian 4.14 booting problem

Posted by frankenstein3 
Pogoplug V4 Debian 4.14 booting problem
March 21, 2024 07:54AM
I have a Pogoplug V4 A3 01 with serial port, with very recent uBoot and a running OpenWRT in flash. I have now spent a very long time building a boot USB for Debian following the countless recipes posted on this forum. I also have a very old Raspberry running current Debian which I use for some of the building, but it is a different architecture frm the Pogo. First I spent a long time configuring a recent build 6.7.5 (or was it 6.5.7 or 7.6.5????). The Pogo did boot, but stopped with a kernel panic.

Then I went for something smaller and simpler??? Bodhi`s Debian 4.14.180 The assembling porcess was simpler, without errors. However the Pogo boots, appears to load a kernel and the ramfs, but then hangs with no further output. I have tried with the pre-existing uEnv.txt (from the 6.xxx) and without. My guess is bad load/execute addresses? I attach printenv and booting console output. Thanks, Chris
Attachments:
open | download - Pogo Uboot and env.txt (3.7 KB)
open | download - pogo Debian 4.14 boot transcript.txt (4 KB)
Re: Pogoplug V4 Debian 4.14 booting problem
March 21, 2024 02:12PM
frankenstein3,

> architecture frm the Pogo. First I spent a long
> time configuring a recent build 6.7.5 (or was it
> 6.5.7 or 7.6.5????). The Pogo did boot, but
> stopped with a kernel panic.

If you created the rootfs correctly then it will boot without problem. Use Debian-6.5.7-kirkwood-tld-1-rootfs-bodhi.tar.bz2 and follow the instruction closely. Don't substitute any command with what you think is equivalent.

Things like being root and use a single Ext3 partition are important.

>
> Then I went for something smaller and simpler???
> Bodhi`s Debian 4.14.180

No need to use the old rootfs/kernel.

Please post the serial boot log here if you cannot boot all the way into Debian.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.