Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

invalid tlv in cmd tlv type = 816

Posted by dehn 
invalid tlv in cmd tlv type = 816
March 30, 2024 07:24AM
Hi!

I setup a btrbk remote backup that transfers btrfs subvolumes. Source is a amd64 machine targetting a NSA325v2 with latest kirkwood kernel and bookworm tarball.

It fails with the error message "ERROR: ... invalid tlv in cmd tlv_type = 816" on the target machine.
I found an indication, that this may be a busybox problem: https://github.com/opencomputeproject/onie/blob/master/patches/busybox/feature-onie-syseeprom-command.patch

Any advice how to continue?

I can provide the btrbk config and logs, if needed.

Cheers,
dehn
Re: invalid tlv in cmd tlv type = 816
March 30, 2024 01:48PM
> I setup a btrbk remote backup that transfers btrfs
> subvolumes. Source is a amd64 machine targetting a
> NSA325v2 with latest kirkwood kernel and bookworm
> tarball.
>
> It fails with the error message "ERROR: ...
> invalid tlv in cmd tlv_type = 816" on the target
> machine.
> Any advice how to continue?
>

If you have not done this. The first thing I'd check is if the btrfs module has been loaded:
lsmod
If not then modprobe it.

If it was the reason, then in Debian way, you can add the module loading to either

/etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf 
/etc/initramfs-tools/modules

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
March 30, 2024 02:00PM
lsmod|grep btr
btrfs                1466368  1

Yes, it's loaded. A partition is formatted with btrfs and the btrfs tools are working normally, though I haven't tested the btrfs receive command manually yet, which is what is called remotely by btrbk. See below for the exact command:

ERROR: ... Command execution failed (exitcode=1)
ERROR: ... sh: btrfs send '/home/daniel/Experimente/backup/btrbk_snapshots/testb
ackup.20240330T1102' | ssh dnotebook@dbackup.lan 'sudo -n btrfs receive '\''/hom
e/dnotebook/testbackup/'\'''
ERROR: ... invalid tlv in cmd tlv_type = 816
March 30, 2024 02:54PM
Unfortunately, I am not using btrfs on any of my NAS. Perhaps others might chime in.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
March 31, 2024 04:48AM
Fair enough and thanks for looking, bhodi.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.