Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Revert Dockstar to Pogoplus OS?

Posted by Charade 
Revert Dockstar to Pogoplus OS?
September 30, 2010 01:08AM
Hi.

I installed Debian and it worked fine but now I want to revert back to how it was prior to installing Debian. With the Debian USB stick out, the Dockstar boots but not the same as before. The system prompt now say "Pogoplug#" instead of what it said before (I forget exactly but it wasn't that). I had another USB stick and a USB HD on the Dockstar before configured to be accessed without using the pogoplug service but now I can't see them. The pogoplug software (for local access, not web) can't see them either. I remember disabling the pogoplug service during the install of Debian. Is the what's preventing me from seeing those drives?

Thanks.
Re: Revert Dockstar to Pogoplus OS?
October 01, 2010 05:46PM
Nothing?
October 01, 2010 07:31PM
I guess only the boot file or the boot sector would have been changed..When u remove the USB the dockstar checks for the boot from USB.When it doesnt find it automatically boots ur Pogoplug OS. I tried it in my dockstar. I does it correctly. But, reg the pogoplug service, i am not sure it will be offered. I tried it, but it didnt work for me.

If ia m wrong,let me know.
October 01, 2010 08:31PM
Yes. When you use Jeff's mtd0 uBoot, just unplug the USB drive and it will boot into Pogoplug OS. I have done this a few time sub never tried the Pogoplug service though.
October 01, 2010 09:05PM
twinclouds Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes. When you use Jeff's mtd0 uBoot, just unplug
> the USB drive and it will boot into Pogoplug OS.
> I have done this a few time sub never tried the
> Pogoplug service though.

It does but I can't see any attached devices on the USB ports. After I login in, my system prompt is now "Pogoplug:~$ " It wasn't like this before. It was the "bash-32#" prompt. I believe they used to be here /tmp/.cemnt but not anymore. I previously installed openpogo. so I could run a website. That worked but then I uninstalled that.

As you might guess, I'm a real nooob.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2010 10:20PM by Charade.
October 02, 2010 10:51AM
Charade, have a look at the file

/etc/init.d/rcS

Do you see this line?

#/etc/init.d/hbmgr.sh start

If you see it, remove the # sign so that it becomes
/etc/init.d/hbmgr.sh start

The next time you restart your Pogo services should start as well.

You need to make your file system writable first though.

Try these commands:

#make file system writable
mount -o remount,rw /

#edit the startup file with vi text editor
vi /etc/init.d/rcS

You may need google if you don't know how to use vi.
October 02, 2010 01:59PM
This is what I did originally

http://www.pogoplugged.com/article/12101/How-to-Install-or-remove-OpenPogo-on-Your-Pogoplug-Attached-USB-Drive/

Then I installed debian.

I wonder if I followed the "undo" instructions on that link I would revert back to the original dockstar configuration.

The problem is I don't get a "bash-3.2" prompt like I used to.
October 02, 2010 02:36PM
playdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Charade, have a look at the file
>
> /etc/init.d/rcS
>
> Do you see this line?
>
> #/etc/init.d/hbmgr.sh start
>
> If you see it, remove the # sign so that it
> becomes
> /etc/init.d/hbmgr.sh start
>
> The next time you restart your Pogo services
> should start as well.
>
> You need to make your file system writable first
> though.
>
> Try these commands:
>
> #make file system writable
> mount -o remount,rw /
>
> #edit the startup file with vi text editor
> vi /etc/init.d/rcS
>
> You may need google if you don't know how to use
> vi.

Thanks. That got the pogoplug service started again. I can now see my attached devices with the pogoplug Windows client/driver running. Now to get it to the point where I had it before where I didn't need to use the client/driver and could see the drives via windows explorer.
October 02, 2010 04:48PM
I got it back to being able to see the drives over the network without using pogoplug (still can if I want to). But now I can't figure out why my system prompt is not showing "bash-3.2#" like it did before.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.