Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another boot problem

Posted by Mint 
Mint
Another boot problem
November 11, 2013 10:13AM
Hi everyone,
i'm here to request some help. I have a sheevaplug with latest uboot version (2013.10-2), i just buy a new sd card and install debian (wheezy) on it. Everything works just fine, but the sheeva don't autoboot on the new sd card. I've done all step, finishing the debian install with the :
setenv bootargs_console console=ttyS0,115200
setenv bootcmd_mmc 'mmc init; ext2load mmc 0:1 0x00800000 /uImage; ext2load mmc 0:1 0x01100000 /uInitrd'
setenv bootcmd 'setenv bootargs $(bootargs_console); run bootcmd_mmc; bootm 0x00800000 0x01100000'
saveenv
What's strange is that my older card doesn't have any problem with autobooting when i replace the new one. Saying that, the new card doesn't have any problem booting too, but i just need to connect with the serial and run 'boot' in uboot and everything go just fine. But going through serial for booting isn't really practical.

Can you please help me figure out what's happening ? I've compared both card fdisk, and they look the same (exept for the 'Disk identifier').
Thank you (and please forgive my english).

br,
Re: Another boot problem
November 11, 2013 04:10PM
Mint,

You must be using a self-built patched uBoot with MMC ?

Try adding another couple extra "mmc init" to the bootcmd_mmc env. UBoot mmc is a little slow detecting the card.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Another boot problem
November 12, 2013 01:36AM
Hi,
bodhi, you're my "hero of the day". It worked perfectly !! Thanks a lot.
It's been over a week since I'm looking for a solution ! My new card take obviously more time to be init. I now can enjoy some CozyCloud testing ;)

I'm not sure of what you call a self-build u-boot, i use the one from 'http://people.debian.org/~tbm/u-boot/'.

Thanks again.
Have a nice day.

PS : I can't add a [SOLVED] mention on the original post, if someone with enough right can please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 01:41AM by Mint.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.