Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sound issues

Posted by met 
met
Sound issues
October 02, 2010 07:07AM
Hi there, I bought an USB sound device in order to hear music and let my DS speak out texts via flite.
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1130:f211 Tenx Technology, Inc. TP6911 Audio Headset
In Debian Squeeze, the sound is stuttering somehow and it doesn't seem to depent on the volume set in ALSA. I tried several kernels, but with 2.6.33-5, the problem still remains.
Re: Sound issues
October 04, 2010 08:45PM
How did you get lsusb? I dont seem to have that on mine. I did get a very crummy sound card to work but it's distorted. It's also distorted in windows so I don't feel so bad. I just wanted to see if it could work. Next up might be a budget internet radio player.

One thing I saw is their are settings for changing latency. No idea if that will help or not. On the off chance your card says "3d sound" on top.... it's cheap. I suspect it will always sound that way. What do you want for $2.50? :)
October 04, 2010 09:29PM
gzader
How did you get lsusb? I dont seem to have that on mine.

Install the package "usbutils"; that's where it lives.
October 05, 2010 04:28PM
sudo apt-get install usbutils

Thanks!!! My life is better now.
met
October 08, 2010 08:24AM
Well, what is strange about the sound issues is that the clicking disappears when another application uses the sound card.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.