Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nsa-325 creating module iscsi_target for 5.2.9 kernel

Posted by rasto 
nsa-325 creating module iscsi_target for 5.2.9 kernel
June 24, 2020 02:38AM
I've hit an issue compiling kernel module for 5.2.9 currently on NSA-325, where it failed with make scripts, then make prepare so could not get to make iscsi_target module

I'm generally following guide in here How to Compile Just One Kernel Module

Here is what I did on Debian 9 and tried on Debian 10 as well (directly on NSA-325):
apt-get install update
dpkg -i /boot/linux-headers-5.2.9-kirkwood-tld-1_1.0_armel.deb
cd /usr/src/linux-headers-5.2.9-kirkwood-tld-1/

apt-get install build-essential libncurses-dev chrpath gawk whiptail diffstat cpio libssl-dev

make menuconfig
# Here I selected Device Drivers ---> Generic Target Core Mod (TCM) and ConfigFS Infrastructure --->  Linux-iSCSI.org iSCSI Target Mode Stack

make scripts
# that failed on selinux, so I've disabled it and failed on byteshift includes being in different dirs, which I found patch for here
wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/armbian/build/master/patch/misc/headers-debian-byteshift.patch
patch -p1 < headers-debian-byteshift.patch

# however now it fails here, and I have found no way to continue
root@debian:/usr/src/linux-headers-5.2.9-kirkwood-tld-1# make prepare
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/arm/tools/syscall.tbl', needed by 'arch/arm/include/generated/uapi/asm/unistd-common.h'.  Stop.
make: *** [arch/arm/Makefile:322: archheaders] Error 2

Is it possible to get this module somewhere? Or resolve compilation issue above somehow?

Thanks
Re: nsa-325 creating module iscsi_target for 5.2.9 kernel
June 24, 2020 04:45PM
rasto,

If you could wait, I will include scsi_target in the next kernel release.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.