Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Run install script twice

Posted by Elanthius 
Elanthius
Run install script twice
October 12, 2010 10:08AM
I followed these instructions http://www.jeff.doozan.com/debian/ and everything went fine. Unfortunately I partitioned my drive incorrectly and would like to redo it. Is it safe to reboot into the onboard OS and follow this procedure a second time? I'm assuming it wouldn't hurt the USB drive but I'm a little concerned about changes that are made to the device itself (bootloader?) that might break things if they are done twice.
Re: Run install script twice
October 12, 2010 10:59AM
I have been installing a number times on the same dockstar with different USB drives. I never had any problems.
October 12, 2010 05:41PM
I had the same problem, I partitioned my USB stick on my SuSe laptop and then did the install on Dockstar.
I got CRC error messages on the beginning of the install and final message was that install was successful. However I was not able to boot to Debian, boot process would alternate between original OS and "hunged up" Dockstar.
After that, I partitioned USB stick on the Dockstar and everything is fine now.

Roman
October 12, 2010 06:13PM
Actually. I installed Debian many times by choice because I would like to try to install different versions of it to see if there are any problems or improvement. The latest one I installed was the Squeeze version ....25 instead the one give in Jeff's script (.....23). There's really no problems to install multiple times.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.