Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installing Ubuntu on NSA325v2: Step-by-Step Guide for Newbies

Posted by thisismosi 
Installing Ubuntu on NSA325v2: Step-by-Step Guide for Newbies
June 14, 2023 03:22AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie looking for some guidance on how to install Ubuntu on my NSA325v2 device. I've been browsing through various posts on the forum, but I'm still confused about the exact steps and the hardware requirements. I currently have an NSA325v2 with a 1TB HDD and a USB drive. Could someone please provide a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to install Ubuntu on this device? Additionally, I'd appreciate it if you could clarify whether I need any additional hardware for the installation.

I've come across some posts discussing this topic, but I'm having trouble piecing together the instructions and understanding them fully. It would be incredibly helpful if someone could break down the installation process into simple, easy-to-follow steps, considering my limited knowledge and experience.

Thank you in advance for your assistance! I'm excited to embark on this journey and explore Ubuntu on my NSA325v2.

Best regards
Re: Installing Ubuntu on NSA325v2: Step-by-Step Guide for Newbies
June 14, 2023 03:12PM
thisismosi,

We don't have instruction to install Ubuntu.

See the Wiki thread for what need to be done to install Debian and new u-boot:

Kirkwood plugs

Latest Linux Kirkwood kernel and rootfs
Latest Kirkwood u-boots

Basic steps to install Debian and new u-boot on Kirkwood boxes (written for NSA310S, similar for all Kirkwood boxes with u-boot 2017.07 support)

It'll be a bit of a challenge for newbies. So take your time to read the instruction in the linked threads in that post.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Installing Ubuntu on NSA325v2: Step-by-Step Guide for Newbies
June 14, 2023 09:01PM
thisismosi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a newbie looking for some guidance on how to
> install Ubuntu on my NSA325v2 device.

You will be unable to install Ubuntu as the distribution does not support the armel architecture of the NSA325v2 device.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.