Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LED support for Pogoplug

Posted by cozmic1 
LED support for Pogoplug
November 05, 2010 07:34PM
I have been spending countless hours playing with dockstar and found myself surprised by how capable this little platform is. Thanks to a bunch of people on this forum, I've not only been learning, but also creating something really useful in the process.

While I have the dockstar running perfectly (?), I cannot say the same for the pogoplug; I had purchased the pogoplug before I discovered dockstar. So, we are using both to develop a custom application for them.

It appears, Debian on usb cannot move between the two models/brands and work seamlessly. So, I've resorted to doing another install from scratch. All went well, except the LED on pogoplug doesn't seem to work with dockstar scripts which I guess is understandable. So I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for modifying the dockstar implementation to make LED work on pogoplug. I am now running gorgone's updated kernel.

Any insights would be highly appreciated.
adsl17910
Re: LED support for Pogoplug
June 13, 2011 12:16AM
We are on the same boat. It seems that dockstarheavy.deb does not support Pogoplug, and I can not find a solution yet.
pazos
June 13, 2011 07:45AM
Pogoplug and dockstar don't use the same CPIO to bring us led capabilities. The Dockstar uses cpios 46 & 47 while pogoplug uses cpios 49 & ? for orange and green lights. If you want to modify your kernel sources look at /arch/arm/match-kirkwood/sheevaplug.c and replace default parameters to adjust to your pogo.

PD: green led on a pogoplug still be a mistery...

Have fun!
adsl17910
June 13, 2011 11:23AM
pazos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pogoplug and dockstar don't use the same CPIO to
> bring us led capabilities. The Dockstar uses cpios
> 46 & 47 while pogoplug uses cpios 49 & ? for
> orange and green lights. If you want to modify
> your kernel sources look at
> /arch/arm/match-kirkwood/sheevaplug.c and replace
> default parameters to adjust to your pogo.
>
> PD: green led on a pogoplug still be a mistery...
>
> Have fun!

Thanks Pazos, since DockStar is discontinued, it is very hard to find one in the market so I bought a Pogoplug instead of it. I am new in Linux, I do not think so I have ability to hack the kernel. That would be great if anyone can make a "pogoplugheavy.deb" for Pogoplug users.
pazos
June 13, 2011 04:05PM
adsl17910 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would be great if anyone can make a
> "pogoplugheavy.deb" for Pogoplug users.

Try to do it for yourself!. Itsn't very difficult. You only need to follow this guide http://ahsoftware.de/dockstar/#linux and apply those patches before compiling. By default you'll get the orange led working and you can talk with 'it' under /sys/class/leds/plug\:green\:health/

If you want to preserve your old config (both gorgone config or your own) replace the config file suggested in the guide above with one provided for you...

It's difficult to speak english here!!!!

:)
August 24, 2011 01:00PM
If you still want led support for the pink pogo you'll find it here >> http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,5579
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.