Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

building ffmpeg - thread support?

Posted by nigelhealy 
building ffmpeg - thread support?
November 16, 2010 06:48PM
I am trying to build FFMPEG and do anyone know why the resulting executable crashes complaining about threads? I've compiled both with and without pthreads.
Error messages with pthreads
 Encoder thread exception: EOFException - null
Error without pthreads
Warning: not compiled with thread support, using thread emulation
 Encoder thread exception: EOFException - null

I am very close to getting live conversion of Airvideo, meaning I can download AVIs and them stream. With the ffmpeg problems, I'm having to recode on an x86 PC and then stream the pre-converted.
I'm about to give up but I don't like being defeated.

FYI, I now have 2 Dockstars, one doing routing, firewall, port-forwarding, traffic-shaping, transparent proxy , and another doing torrents and Airvideo with a 500GB USB disk attached.
grosglob
Re: building ffmpeg - thread support?
November 21, 2010 11:12AM
I just compiled the 11/19 export version with default options on my debian sqeeze without any problem. Maybe try a more recent ffmpeg version.
Re: building ffmpeg - thread support?
November 21, 2010 09:23PM
The issue is not compiling, I don't have make problems, its run-time problems.
I've also had crashing with HandbrakeCLI crashing.
Is this an issue with lack of FPU with the ARM? The compiler knows this is ARM so I don't understand why runtime problems it should have compile-time issues if FPU is essential.

I've posted a partially-successful HOWTO with Airvideo hope someone can help.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.