Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GoFlex Net Support

Posted by truehl 
truehl
GoFlex Net Support
December 13, 2010 02:56PM
Hi,
maybe this is a stupid question, but I ask this because I think I'm not the only one, having trouble with a Seagate GoFlex Net.

1. Does Jeff's method fully support GoFlex?
2. What is the exact way to setup a GoFlex Device?
3. Should one register GoFlex at Seagate or not?
4. Does Debian support the eSata slots from the device
5. Are there known issues with GoFlex Net?

Thanks a lot for your answers. Because DockStar is a discontinued model it's important for us all to know that!

Greetings,
Thomas
truehl
Re: GoFlex Net Support
December 14, 2010 12:49PM
Is it really possible that no one is able to answer this question?

Greetings,
Thomas
December 14, 2010 01:01PM
uBoot supports the GoFlex, but the current Debian kernel does not include support for the GoFlex arcNumber. You can still run it as a sheevaplug or a dockstar, but the SATA won't work.

If you want to use the SATA ports, you'll need to grab Peter's kernel patches and build your own kernel.

-- Jeff
truehl
December 14, 2010 02:59PM
Hi Jeff,
thanks a lot for your answer and for all your work, great stuff!!!

Do you plan to support GoFlex Net native?

The good old DockStars are getting rare and expensive these days and they well disappear from the market soon! So new interested users must choose the GoFlex Net devices. From my opinion it's important for your project to support this device.

What do you think and what are your plans?

Thanks for your answer,
Greetings, Thomas
truehl
December 20, 2010 01:20AM
No more DockStars available in Germany! Only one shop offers them, but can't deliver. GoFlex Net are available in various shops from 70 € on. I think it's time for GoFlex Net, otherwise this great project (thank you Jeff) will be dead!

Merry X-Mas,
Thomas
lou
December 21, 2010 05:19AM
full ack :)

concerning goflex net: im still confused,
does jeffs actual uboot support boot from sata?
is there a "all inclusive" debian available already? (pitty, i'm no kernel hacker;) )

maybe iomega iconnect is an alternative (with wlan) too. its around 67E in germany.

regards,
lou
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.