Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pogoplug V4 SD Card Erased, Help

Posted by nightz1 
Pogoplug V4 SD Card Erased, Help
August 02, 2017 11:27PM
I need help getting my pogoplug v4 series 4 working again. I followed the instructions on to install debian on an sd card.

http://blog.qnology.com/2014/07/hacking-pogoplug-v4-series-4-and-mobile.html

Everything had been working fine for months but my sd card failed and no longer works. So I assume I lost the debian installation on the sd card so now it has no OS. Now the pogoplug blinks green for a few seconds and then red and reboots. I can't ssh to it as it keeps rebooting. Any way to fix this? I'm a newbie at this but can follow directions. Also have another SD card on hand.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2017 11:34PM by nightz1.
Re: Pogoplug V4 SD Card Erased, Help
August 02, 2017 11:58PM
nightz1,

Create a new rootfs on your new SD card using the latest rootfs Debian-4.12.1-kirkwood-tld-1-rootfs-bodhi.tar.bz2:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096

Updated 24 Jul 2017:

Basic minimal Debian Kirkwood rootfs for most Kirwood plugs:

- tarball size: 188M
- install size: 488M
- a basic Debian stretch rootfs.
- The init system used in this rootfs is sysvinit . To boot with systemd, see note 2 below.
- Installed packages: nano, avahi, ntp, busybox-syslogd (log to RAM), htop, isc-dhcp-client, dialog, bzip2, nfs server/client, iperf, ethtool, sysvinit-core, sysvinit, and sysvinit-utils.
- see LED controls in /etc/rc.local, and /etc/init.d/halt
- see some useful aliases in /root/.profile
- root password: root

Just plug in the new SD rootfs and power up.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.