Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installed Samba, doesnt work

Posted by William 
William
Installed Samba, doesnt work
February 04, 2011 03:20PM
I didnt even try to get into the share withouth samba, i just installed it right after i installed the script, now i think its broken and samba doesnt even seems to work. Can you help me?
Re: Installed Samba, doesnt work
February 05, 2011 11:42AM
You don't provide much information. It sounds like you ran Jeff's hack script, booted into Debian, and apt-get installed samba? Is that correct? You need to do a bit more than that.

What are you trying to share, a USB attached hard drive? Did you mount it first? You will need to install fuse and ntfs-3g packages to mount an NTFS formatted device and write to it.

You also need to configure /etc/samba/smb.conf to share it.
william
Re: Installed Samba, doesnt work
February 06, 2011 12:32PM
im sorry, im using the same drive im using to run debian on it, i configure the smb.conf file without success. i work with samba on serveral boxes down here but on this 1 it doesnt seems to work.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.