Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dockstar won't boot from USB-Stick after freeze

Posted by simmel 
Hi there,

I hope someone can help me. I've seen several similar threads, but to be honest I don't know what to do.

First of all, here is what happened.

My server froze, only god knows why, so I had to pull the plug and I put it back in.

After that the Dockstar just blinked green for a while and after that amber. I tried to connect via putty from my wind0$e but it wouldn't work. After that I checked my Ipcop FW and what do I see there -> a DHCP lease.

So I tried to connect to the DHCP IP and it worked, but now I'm stuck....... I don't know what to do? How can I tell the god damn thing to start from my USB-Stick again? No chroot command available here *grr*.

Could pls someone help me with this? What do I need to do? What happened?

Oh one thing I recognized immediately, the shell has now the word pogoplug in it and not the 3.2 like before. Hope that helps?

Pogoplug:/$
Re: Dockstar won't boot from USB-Stick after freeze
May 05, 2011 01:00AM
Pogoplug:/$
This means you successfully patched the U-Boot but your USB stick didn't boot. You may try another stick and do the installation again.

--
shyd

Goflex Net 3.9.5 | Dockstar 3.9.5 | http://dev.shyd.de
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.