Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem after disabling pogoplug service

Posted by dnorwood2 
problem after disabling pogoplug service
June 08, 2011 09:44PM
I ran dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh on a used goflex net i bought off of ebay and it failed when it couldn't find anything at /dev/sda. I realized that i unplugged and plugged the flash drive and that the device files might have changed (is that right?), so i rebooted. Now i can't ssh into the goflex net, and it doesn't run DHCP.

Before the script couldn't find /dev/sda and exited, i had agreed to disabling the pogoplug service. I looked at the script and didn't see where this is done. There is just a killall of the hbwd daemon, but nothing that disables it. Does the uboot install do that?

Does the bhwd daemon control if dhcp and ssh server is run? Can I assume the new version of uboot was installed? Is there a way to get beyond this?

David
Re: problem after disabling pogoplug service
June 09, 2011 09:25PM
Okay, i know i can recover by using a ca-42 serial cable, but i'm wondering if i can avoid this. Can i install debian to the usb drive on a different system and move the usb drive back?

David
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.