Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WIFI

Posted by Trond 
WIFI
September 06, 2011 01:59PM
Hi everone
I just started to use my Dockstar again after it just sitting on a shelf for a long time. I have installed a D-Link DWL-G122 ver E1 and it seems to work ok. I gave it an static IP adress and I'm able to log in with putty on both the wifi and wired connection. The wifi connections seems fast and stable and starts up when I boot my Dockstar. My problem is that if I disconnect the wired connection by disconnecting the wire or doing a 'ifconfig eth0 down', both network connections are lost and I have to pull the power plug an reboot the system to get it up again. Anybody know how I can boot the device with only my wifi connected?

and another thing.... Is it possible to set it up as an access point?

Thanks
Trond
Re: WIFI
September 06, 2011 04:36PM
-Operating system?
-Device names?

There are no silly questions
September 06, 2011 06:50PM
I had the same problem before but it was solved later on. I don't use Wifi adapter right now. You can take a look of this old thread to see if you can find anything interesting: http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,563,page=1.
September 08, 2011 02:54PM
Now I cant even get the wifi card to connect to my network..... I messed around in Webmin and somehow I messed up my networksettings..... Been trying for several hours now to get it back to the way it was but no luck so far.
September 19, 2011 05:40PM
What does your /etc/network/interfaces looks like? Post it.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.