Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[script] free space on goflex.net with leds

Posted by murpf 
[script] free space on goflex.net with leds
January 12, 2012 03:32PM
Hi,

just wanted to share my little modification of Dario Novoa V.s script which shows the usage on a filesystem with the help of the four white bars on the front of a goflex net device. the usage is the same as in darios script, it's just modded to be used with debian.

have fun
Attachments:
open | download - gauges_left.sh (3 KB)
open | download - gauges_right.sh (3 KB)
Re: [script] free space on goflex.net with leds
January 26, 2012 01:50PM
The original script was nice to test and play a bit.

On the basis of Dario's script, I made my own version, which is "slightly" different. :-D
I hope Dario is fine with it. After all I helped him a bit with bug squashing today and to be honest there is not much left from the original version. But you'll realize that quite fast when trying out my version. See the attachment.

My version was tested with a debian 3.0.0 kernel.
Maybe you would need to do a little "search and replace" text editor action if your kernel specifies a different path to the LEDs. Just a heads up, on a possible source for errors. Not all kernels are equal.

Edit:
Have fun!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 01:37AM by ingmar_k.
Attachments:
open | download - led_disc_space.sh (5.9 KB)
January 27, 2012 07:43AM
Oh and BTW, murpf, your script includes the same error in the conditional logic that Dario's original script used to include.

You may want to have a look at the use of "-o" in the if clauses. ;-) Those all need to be replaced by ANDs (&&).
January 28, 2012 09:11AM
For those who want a script that control the led system, I've wrote a script that simplifies to make some changes in the led status. The script itself is configured to work with an Iomega Iconnect, but works well with other plug-computers like pogo_e02 or sheevaplug if you change 'leds definitions'.

Anyways, the script is self-explanatory.

BEFORE using this script:

echo "0" > /sys/class/leds/power_blue_led/brightness

AFTER using this script:

led set BLUE off

Have fun!!!
Attachments:
open | download - led (3.3 KB)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.