Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Install Debian without Uboot

Posted by lewy1 
Install Debian without Uboot
January 23, 2012 10:02AM
I assume this isn't the brightest question but my Linux knowledge is less than basic. Being that there is always a risk in replacing the bootloader, assuming I already have the new uboot installed how would I go about installing Debian on a flash drive without reinstalling the bootloader. As far as I can tell the Debian installer script automatically also replaces the bootloader.
Thanks
Re: Install Debian without Uboot
January 23, 2012 10:55AM
Actually, it doesn't. If the uboot is detected to be the most recent one, the script will not reinstall uboot.
January 23, 2012 11:13AM
Ok, I wasn't aware of that. By the way your great tutorials for asterisk and freepbx is part of what convinced me to get the Pogoplug.
Thanks
January 23, 2012 10:44PM
Thank you for your compliment. I think I had made some contributions in the asterisk 1.8 area. For freepbx, all credit should go to others.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.