Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newb - Installation error on Goflex Net

Posted by jalapeno 
jalapeno
Newb - Installation error on Goflex Net
February 09, 2012 03:47PM
Hi all, I hope I have not bricked my goflex net device, but I am unable to access it via SSH. I followed jeffs instructions, and ran the shell script for the Squeeze instalation, it seemed to install uboot ok, but it failed with the following message:

# Starting debootstrap installation
mknod: /tmp/debian/test-dev-null: Input/output error
E: Cannot install into target '/tmp/debian' mounted with noexec or nodev
debootstrap failed.
See /tmp/debian/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for more information.

I am now unable to login to the device to restart the installation. How do I recove the device to start over?
Thanks
jalapeno
Re: Newb - Installation error on Goflex Net
February 09, 2012 06:49PM
I'm guessing the process described here http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,5986,5986 will help me, I will try it and see if I can get a bootable device.
jalapeno
Re: Newb - Installation error on Goflex Net
February 10, 2012 11:21AM
I tried the process above to generate the bootable USB drive but I was not successful, now when I connect to the device via SSH all I get is the ubit0-6:/# prompt and a message that a valid uboot environment was not found. Is there any way to force a boot of the USB device from this prompt? Thanks in advance for any help.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.