Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pogo Plug Power Connector Repair

Posted by mikeh49 
Pogo Plug Power Connector Repair
August 01, 2019 03:10PM
Not Debian but I thought I would share an experience with a Pogo Plug power connector. This is for E02, V3 but not Mobile or V4, i.e. for plugs with a 120 V cord connected to the box.

One of my V3s would not boot and the power connector felt loose when inserting the cord. So I opened the case to investigate and found one of the pins of the cord connector had a loose solder connection; the pin moved when the connector was "wiggled". Re-soldered both pins and all is fine. I should have taken pictures but it's straightforward if you have opened a Pogo to get to the serial connector.

Lesson learned is to minimize use of the connector on the Pogo; use the other end of the cord or a switched power strip if you have to unplug often.
Re: Pogo Plug Power Connector Repair
August 02, 2019 09:24PM
I remember thinking it was attached in a very flimsy manner when I opened up one of my E02's. There are no anchor points holding it to the board, just the two power pins soldered to the board. It could definitely do with some kind of epoxy holding it down.
August 03, 2019 12:39AM
> Lesson learned is to minimize use of the connector
> on the Pogo; use the other end of the cord or a
> switched power strip if you have to unplug often.

Good advice :) I had one broken just like yours. I swapped the power supply from the old bricked Pogo E02 (I have multiple Pogo E02, V3 Pro and V3 Classic).

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
August 03, 2019 01:08PM
An epoxy bead around the connector body sounds like a good idea. Wish I'd thought of that when I had it apart.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.