Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please help with uboot compiling on dockstar

Posted by mr_evil 
Please help with uboot compiling on dockstar
March 12, 2013 12:50PM
Hi

Cutting a long story short:
I can compile uboot without errors, but as soon as i try to load the new kwb from the already installed uboot, the dockstar hangs.

i have a dockstar, i am currently running the latest uboot installed with jeffs installer.
It is version 2011.12 compiled by davygravy if i am not completely mistaken.
This version works fine, it does not support mmc however. Since i modded my dockstar to have the sd slot, i would reallz like to use it.
I am running a gentoo on this dockstar (gcc 4.6.3), i thought i could just download the 2011.12 sources, apply the patches (which i found in other threads) and compile. Compiling went fine, the dd command for aligning aswell, but as soon as i try to "go" after ther tftp, the dockstar hangs.
To make sure that it wasnt the patches, i tried a 2011.12 and 2013.01 vanilla compile, 2011.12 with the dockstar patches but withou the mmc patch ... none did work. i also tried aligned/non aligned and bin/kwb. As you can see i do not have much experience in this area, thats why i tried all combinations.

I read the forums for quite a while, and in another thread it was suggeste to use the codesourcery 2009q3 for compiling. Thing is: cant find that software anymore, and maybe i dont need it.

questions:
do i maybe miss compiler options ?
do i need a different compiler/toolchain ? i could setup a vm with the eldk ...
maybe somebody has a build environment?
maybe there is a uboot already that can boot current kernels (3.8.2) and has mmc/sd support for the dockstar?

any hints are really appreciated.
many thanks in advance
Re: Please help with uboot compiling on dockstar
March 12, 2013 01:40PM
netconsole or serial console?
Re: Please help with uboot compiling on dockstar
March 12, 2013 01:46PM
serial console. But i do not have jtag hardware. So the only testing i can do is trying to load the new uboot from the one on mtd0 ...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.