Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Porting u-boot to Western Digital My Cloud mirror (Armada 370) possible

Posted by buco 
Porting u-boot to Western Digital My Cloud mirror (Armada 370) possible
December 30, 2021 03:54PM
Just wondering if it's possible to have U-boot ported to the Western Digital My Cloud Mirror (gen1).

I have one running Linux hooked up to a serial console and I can test/supply info if wanted. Also, I don't know how much work it would be so I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.
Re: Porting u-boot to Western Digital My Cloud mirror (Armada 370) possible
December 30, 2021 04:54PM
buco,

The old u-boot structure was quite easy to roll a new u-boot. But the way u-boot has evolved over the years, it got bigger and now there are more moving parts for the Armada SoCs. Harder to debug.

So eventhough I could roll new Armada u-boot if I have more free time, but it's too much efforts for the benefits.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2021 06:34PM by bodhi.
May 25, 2022 03:46AM
Hi @buco,

I am looking for the default u-boot image, which was installed on the WD MyCloud Mirror Gen 1 you mentioned, because I received a bricked version and want to reflash u-boot using kwboot. So if you are still wired up, could you please attach a dump to this post?

Specs are as follows:
U-Boot 2011.12 (Dec 24 2013 - 20:21:45) Marvell version: v2011.12 2013_Q1.2 (ALPHA U-BOOT : 1.0)
Board: RD-88F6710_ALpha_KingsCanyon
SoC: MV6710 A1

Thanks in advance!

SCHAPPY
May 29, 2022 06:39AM
Consider it done.

I found a valid stock u-boot.bin in one of the GPL sources of the original vendor WD. After compiling a latest version of kwboot for x64 (pick any device config, make XXX_defconfig, make tools-only), I was also able to boot and flash back the original u-boot. I had to compile my own kwboot because the packaged version created non-reproducible errors while transferring the image indicated by +++ instead of ... at random times.

Thanks,

SCHAPPY
June 09, 2022 03:05PM
Go you have a link to the GPL source in question?
1000001101000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go you have a link to the GPL source in question?
For anyone who will visit this thread:
https://community.wd.com/t/wd-my-cloud-v3-x-v4-x-and-v2-x-firmware-versions-download-links/148533
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.