Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restoring backup via serial

Posted by Biohead 
Restoring backup via serial
April 29, 2012 11:23AM
***I've reposted this in the debian section, as I feel it's not specific to uboot****

Hi all,

I use my goflex net with the standard pogo os, although something cocked up on it last week and it's fairly fluffed up. I took backups of my mtdblocks using nanddump. I no longer have SSH access to my GFN (part of the problem I'm having), but I have serial access.

How do I go about restoring my mtd blocks over a serial cable? I'm guessing if I boot into pogo OS and do it from there, I'm asking for trouble as I'm effectively erasing my current boot device, so would I have to do it through the uboot prompt?

I've currently reloaded a very early pogoplug image on the GFN via tftp, mainly for shits and giggles. It actually boots up into pogo OS, but I want to restore my own MTD backups now. If I know how to restore them, and I find out that the process works properly, I'll likely be whacking debian on it in the next month or so to play around with.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2012 01:02PM by Biohead.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.