Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V4 Green LED settings

Posted by dhargens 
V4 Green LED settings
April 20, 2023 11:38PM
Hello.

I had originally installed Arch uboot in a few of my Pogo V4s. Now that I'm installing the doozan uboot to my next batch of V4s (and looking forward to the newest release with rear USBv3 booting! nudge nudge, wink wink) I was setting it up for similar operation.

Because I don't want the green led to always be on, I liked setting it to show me CPU activity. On Arch uboot I could do this with:
echo cpu0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-gpio/leds/status:green:health/trigger
but I don't find this option on the doozan uboot.

[Obviously I'd write to the /sys/class/leds/status:green:health/trigger file under doozan]

Does anyone know if that option is available, and if so what's that setting name?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2023 11:39PM by dhargens.
Re: V4 Green LED settings
April 21, 2023 12:45AM
dhargens,

> Because I don't want the green led to always be
> on, I liked setting it to show me CPU activity.

> Does anyone know if that option is available, and
> if so what's that setting name?

No, it is not available in the current Kirkwood kernel here. I'll add it in the next release. It's a better visual indicator than just a solid green health status!

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
April 21, 2023 11:05PM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, it is not available in the current Kirkwood kernel here. I'll add it in the next release. It's
> a better visual indicator than just a solid green health status!

I'd agree - and I look forward to that!

Also, while a few of the other options are obvious, is there a chart that explains what choosing each of them shows through the LED? Many of them don't show a thing when I set them and "make the box busy" to see how it reflects the choice.
April 21, 2023 11:50PM
> Also, while a few of the other options are
> obvious, is there a chart that explains what
> choosing each of them shows through the LED? Many
> of them don't show a thing when I set them and
> "make the box busy" to see how it reflects the
> choice.

Most of the LED trigger values are not applicable to a specific box. There are all kind of triggers that might work. But for box like Pogo V4, you only have some LEDs such as for HDD, and System Status. For box like NSA310S, you'll also have USB LED, Power LED, and Status LEDs.

Commonly, a trigger is set to none, default-on, and heartbeat.

For example, I have all my boxes change system/status LED to solid green or white after kernel booting, and then switch to heartbeat during rootfs mounting and all services loading, and back to solid green when it is all done (so I'd know I can SSH in at that time).

CPU indicator is nice. But it will not tell the progress of system booting.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.