Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pogo V3 Wireless

Posted by cbalde04 
Pogo V3 Wireless
November 03, 2015 06:13PM
bodhi,
I updated to the latest U-boot 4.1.0, and I am having some issues with wireless now. My wireless now only works if I have the ethernet plugged in as well. If I disconnect the ethernet cable, SSH disconnects, and so does wireless. If I plug it back in without powering down, my wireless works again, as well as SSH. Any thoughts?

-------------
Moderator edit: made its own topic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2015 12:50AM by bodhi.
Re: Pogo V3 Wireless
November 04, 2015 12:54AM
cbalde04.

This is a known configuration issue that you will need to set this up correctly. IIRC, you need to set up the routing table so when the ethernet cable is unplugged, the wlan will take over. As I mentioned previously here, I don't have my old settings. If I can find it I will post.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
November 23, 2015 08:00AM
Bodhi,
Thanks for all of your work. I updated to the 2015.10 Uboot, and all seems fixed. The wireless is functioning without Ethernet, and the rootfs boots properly, even with other drives attached. This setup is heavenly. And I have learned so much in the process. I still have a lot to learn, but tinkering with Debian on my PogoPlugs has really opened up so much opportunity for me to get rid of clunky PCs for simple tasks, and educate myself on the programming side as well. Thanks again for all your help.
November 24, 2015 01:55AM
cbalde04 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bodhi,
> Thanks for all of your work. I updated to the
> 2015.10 Uboot, and all seems fixed. The wireless
> is functioning without Ethernet, and the rootfs
> boots properly, even with other drives attached.
> This setup is heavenly.

Cool!

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.