Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HUSH parser for Sheeva plug

Posted by Bruno 
Bruno
HUSH parser for Sheeva plug
February 20, 2011 04:18PM
Hello!

I have a SheevaPlug, and I boot Debian from USB. Unfortunately, my U-Boot version's USB handling is less than ideal, so since I have 2 drives in a USB hub attached to the plug, sometimes it will pick up the wrong USB drive as device 0 and will not boot. It's kinda OK, since I have a ';reset' at the end of the string, so the next boot has a 50% chance of getting it right again :D

Still, ideally, I would like to use the HUSH parser so I can do if/else/then blocks to set a variable to the correct USB ID, and have a 100% flawless boot.

Can you guys point me to some place where I can download the U-Boot source AND apply Marvell's patches (for ext2 support, USB, SDHC, etc) AND enable the HUSH parser? Or is this not possible with Marvell's version of U-Boot?

Thanks in advance for any help!
ecc
Re: HUSH parser for Sheeva plug
February 23, 2011 10:52AM
Bruno Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you guys point me to some place where I can
> download the U-Boot source AND apply Marvell's
> patches (for ext2 support, USB, SDHC, etc) AND
> enable the HUSH parser?

You can get the official u-boot source by doing
$ git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git

I don't think you need any Marvell-specific patches; they're all in the mainline tree. But I could be wrong -- I've only worked with a DockStar (similar, but not identical to a Sheevaplug). And you shouldn't flash your u-boot with an experimental/untested one unless you've got a working JTAG setup to recover.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.