Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do wireless SD cards ring any bells?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Do wireless SD cards ring any bells?
April 27, 2020 04:46PM
Not long ago I knew of wireless SD cards (this might be be of them), where you could access your camera without wearing out the USB jack, because plugging in a USB cable every time you take a picture sometimes isn't convenient. I've had a couple Canon cameras with no wireless.

So now I'm debating whether to buy a decent portable recorder, and if so it would make sense if there were a wireless SD card because of course if you'e recording sounds around you that USB jack is going to get funny quick. And that's a company having such a hassle of a warranty I'd also put 4 years Amazon insurance on it.

I'm not knowledgeable with the state of things if one exists, but what I'm looking for is an adapter that goes between the... I was going to say SDXC card but really if I can pull audio files off that unit from any wireless I could use a smaller card.

* update: okay they're called "WiFi SD Cards" and it's what I'm looking for, but I wonder if you guys have thought about neat things to do with those? I do see adapters that fits between the size of the tiny storage and the larger receptacle.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2020 06:29PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Do wireless SD cards ring any bells?
April 27, 2020 08:49PM
I have an Eye-Fi 4GB SD card. Used in my camera, set it to "local transfer", installed eye-fi server on my dreamplug / debian box, all the pictures will be uploaded directly to the debian folder I set. I can then access the pictures from any device at home.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.