Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New nanopi with two rj45 ports

Posted by asterix 
New nanopi with two rj45 ports
September 11, 2020 09:36PM
should have fun wtih this small device. This article mentioned it could be as soft router.

https://www.cosfone.com/soft-router/nanopi-r2s-as-soft-router/

Except being a router, anything we do on it? I found it is around $40 inlcuding shipping on aliexpress.com.
Re: New nanopi with two rj45 ports
September 12, 2020 07:11AM
asterix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Except being a router, anything we do on it? I found it is around $40 inlcuding shipping on aliexpress.com.
>
Basically, you can do anything with it using any software already ported to OpenWRT. For instance, you could turn it into a NAS, Digital PBX (using Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, YATE, etc.), etc. From its specs, it looks like this device only comes with a USB2 port. As such, turning this device into a NAS will be limited to a USB2 throughput. If one can live with that throughput, that will be alright, then.

Personally, I would rather spend my money on a Linux supported 4GB Android TV Box and turn it into an inexpensive Linux desktop computer (see my post).
Re: New nanopi with two rj45 ports
September 12, 2020 04:37PM
asterix,

> Except being a router, anything we do on it?

Not much else. There is no SATA, so it is not good for a NAS.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
Re: New nanopi with two rj45 ports
September 13, 2020 12:53PM
> Personally, I would rather spend my money on a
> Linux supported 4GB Android TV Box and turn it
> into an inexpensive Linux desktop computer (see my
> post).

Agree. probably raspberry pi 4 better
Re: New nanopi with two rj45 ports
September 13, 2020 12:54PM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> asterix,
>
> > Except being a router, anything we do on it?
>
> Not much else. There is no SATA, so it is not good
> for a NAS.

Their sale point is two LAN portS, so maybe just designed as a router.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2020 07:11PM by asterix.
Re: New nanopi with two rj45 ports
September 14, 2020 08:24AM
asterix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bodhi Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > asterix,
> >
> > > Except being a router, anything we do on it?
>
> >
> > Not much else. There is no SATA, so it is not
> good
> > for a NAS.
>
> Their sale point is two LAN portS, so maybe just
> designed as a router.
>
Exactly. If it comes with a USB3 port, I believe that will probably be a game changer.
Re: New nanopi with two rj45 ports
September 15, 2020 03:23AM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> asterix Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > bodhi Wrote:
> >
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > > asterix,
> > >
> > > > Except being a router, anything we do on it?
>
> >
> > >
> > > Not much else. There is no SATA, so it is not
> > good
> > > for a NAS.
> >
> > Their sale point is two LAN portS, so maybe
> just
> > designed as a router.
> >
> Exactly. If it comes with a USB3 port, I believe
> that will probably be a game changer.

they had another board with USB3.0.
Re: New nanopi with two rj45 ports
September 15, 2020 06:48AM
asterix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> habibie Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > asterix Wrote:
> >
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > > bodhi Wrote:
> > >
> >
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > > > asterix,
> > > >
> > > > > Except being a router, anything we do on
> it?
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > Not much else. There is no SATA, so it is
> not
> > > good
> > > > for a NAS.
> > >
> > > Their sale point is two LAN portS, so maybe
> > just
> > > designed as a router.
> > >
> > Exactly. If it comes with a USB3 port, I
> believe
> > that will probably be a game changer.
>
> they had
> another
> board with USB3.0
.
>
Yes and I saw that, too. Thank you.
Author:

Subject:


Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Message: