Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raspberry Pi 400 desktop

Posted by bodhi 
Raspberry Pi 400 desktop
November 02, 2020 06:26PM
I predicted it. Just a matter of time before rPi has a desktop version!

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/11/raspberry-pi-400-the-under-100-desktop-pc-you-didnt-know-you-needed/

A good idea to embed the board inside the keyboard to make a low cost PC.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Raspberry Pi 400 desktop
November 03, 2020 06:38AM
Retailed @ US$100 / piece on the market is probably a pretty steep price, YMMV. However, these days, it is very like for one to simply build a low-end Linux media and/or desktop computer using an inexpensive Android TV Box (recommended with a minimal 4 GB RAM , but doable with a 2 GB RAM + some built-in USB3 ports) with an LED TV (minimal 4K @60 Hz refresh rate) as a monitor. With any USB and/or bluetooth keyboard/mouse, one can easily build such a system under US $50 (at least 1/2 the retailed price of an Rpi 400) and perhaps will out perform the Rpi 400, too.
November 03, 2020 03:20PM
habibie,

This rPi 400 desktop target market does not include you :)

It's an entry level Linux dekstop that works out of the box. No tinkering required. The target market is elementary and highschool students. But it also serves as a good-to-have toy for adults.

====

2 items that I think would be interesting to a lot of people.

- a VESA case for the latest rPi board.
- a SSD slot inside this rPi 400.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
November 03, 2020 11:09PM
I've seen pictures of the board inside the rPi 400 that clearly show a Bourns SM51625EL PoE++ Transformer on the board, but there is no mention of PoE support in anything documentation I have seen. Can't figure out why they would have a PoE Transformer but not advertise support for PoE!

Ray
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.