Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Invitation

Posted by gimbus109 
Invitation
January 26, 2021 10:19AM
Hello, guys!
This is my first post here, so I want to say hello to everybody involved ;-)
I've been reading the forum for some years - information found here helped me unlocking and restoring my old Stora NAS - thank You!
Some time ago I've been given Netgear ReadyNAS NVX with a broken power supply and decided to bring it to life. I didn't like the OS provide by Netgear, so I built something similar to Your ideas - OS booting to RAM, no part of the OS stored on the persistent storage (except without special intention).
If someone is interested in it I will share my experiences.
I know it's quite different architecture, but who knows..
Gimbus109

PS.
I'm from Poland, the word "gimbus" in urban polish means a very young teenager.. But I'm.. let's say..a bit older ;-)
Regards again
Re: Invitation
January 30, 2021 06:31AM
gimbus109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello, guys!
> This is my first post here, so I want to say hello to everybody involved ;-)
>
Welcome to the forum.

> I've been reading the forum for some years - information found here helped me unlocking and restoring my old Stora NAS
> - thank You!
> Some time ago I've been given Netgear ReadyNAS NVX with a broken power supply and decided to bring it to life. I didn't like the OS provide by Netgear, so I built something similar to Your ideas - OS booting to RAM, no part of the OS stored on the persistent storage (except without special intention).
> If someone is interested in it I will share my experiences.
>
I see no response to your above offer. The only reason I could have thought of is perhaps readers here don't see the above work is an open-source project to share.

Good luck.
February 02, 2021 03:15AM
Of course it's open source.
Haven't published it anywhere for now - waiting for it to be a bit closer to the final version ;-)
Gimbus109
February 02, 2021 06:53AM
gimbus109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course it's open source.
> Haven't published it anywhere for now - waiting for it to be a bit closer to the final version ;-)
> Gimbus109
>
Please do let us know when the final version is published.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.