Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nobsound and other Class D Power Amps that are decent

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Nobsound and other Class D Power Amps that are decent
June 18, 2021 06:39PM
This is a new one where I see things, tiny class D amps that actually deliver and more often than not have Bluetooth 5.0, from consumer-cheap easy buys to "higher end" models I'm fawning over.

Class D amps have never been what you'd consider audiophile, but there are many pros vs cons these days. Some of the Nobsounds brag a 5532 opamp which is pretty good and there may be a drop in replacement. search OPA 1604. I swore I bought Burr Brown OPA 1604s years ago and now they're TI. Worked in my case but as mentioned in one of those links, some think OPA 1604 needs better PS decoupling caps etc. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it :-).

But these Class D amps are said to sound decent up to midway ish, and if so I have a great use for one of these. I'd be happy with about 10 watts a side as this is is for a studio rack with monitors on the sides. That's why the 200 watt version looks so good to me is you'd never need the part of the amplification range that sounds like @$$.

In the end, these units are so small it really goes with the rest of our stuff LOL

I'd love to hear the good and bad and how these Nobsounds, and all kind of variants - they look incredibly cheap to build and everyone highly recommends the 2021 versions.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: Nobsound and other Class D Power Amps that are decent
June 19, 2021 06:55AM
Joey,

TBH, I have not much idea about any class D amp. However, I stumbled upon this HIFI Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 TPA3116 Digital Power Audio Amplifier board TPA3116D2 50WX2 Stereo AMP Amplificador Home Theater and this TDA7297 amplifier board digital amplifier board dual-channel amplifier board finished no noise 12V dual 15W (A type). They both are pretty inexpensive with a free S/H from China to US.
Re: Nobsound and other Class D Power Amps that are decent
June 19, 2021 07:23PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joey,
>
> TBH, I have not much idea about any class D amp.
> However, I stumbled upon this
> HIFI
> Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 TPA3116 Digital Power Audio
> Amplifier board TPA3116D2 50WX2 Stereo AMP
> Amplificador Home Theater
and this
> TDA7297
> amplifier board digital amplifier board
> dual-channel amplifier board finished no noise 12V
> dual 15W (A type)
. They both are pretty
> inexpensive with a free S/H from China to US.

There's some word that these are electrically noisy circuits and a grounded enclosure is highly recommended.
This is an easy and quick read, and explains Class D Amplifiers: Wikipedia.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.